Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Open Sea


I'm finally back! It feels like forever, too. I hate weeks when I can't find the time to stamp for fun every day. It makes me a little grumpy when I don't get my fix. :)    I had a ton of school work and then poor Bandit was really sick on Tuesday.   I was scared we were going to lose him, but the vet was able to get him all fixed and he's home now.   She thinks he got into something toxic, so we are still monitoring him for any lasting effects.   He had tremors and twitching yesterday and was totally spaced out.   He seems much better today, just really restless.  

Back to the card:  I wanted to show off another new stamp set from the upcoming summer mini catalog. I'm not really into nautical things, but I got this paper and stamp set because I never have any manly stamps when I need them. I have to say, I LOVE them. I'm a big fan of Cherry Cobbler and Not Quite Navy, so I kept the focus on them for this card.

I didn't have a specific challenge in mind for this one, I just knew I wanted to use this stamp set. So, I consulted some old sketched at Mojo Monday and found one that I wanted to use. You can find the 2009 sketches here.   I used the October 12, 2009 sketch for this particular card.  

Stamps: The Open Sea
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Confetti White, Nautical Expedition DSP
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy, Early Espresso
Accessories: Baker's Twine
Tools: circle punches, sponges, blender pen

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear that Bandit is better! Beautiful card, Rita! I used this same color combo on an upcoming card! A fabulous manly card!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)