Monday, October 24, 2011

Bows and Boxes



Today I decided to work on a hostess gift for my upcoming workshop.   I have always wanted to try making a paper bow, so I pulled up the instructions on Splitcoast Stampers and got to work.  I hope the rest of my designer papers know that they are in trouble now.  I had so much fun making this that I can't wait to do more!   I'm pretty sure there will be bows on everything soon!    :)  I used the lovely Frostwood Lodge designer paper from the Holiday Mini for this one.  It is a bit rustic and works great with the cute Kraft boxes you can also find in the mini.  :)   Don't you want to make your own now?   We'll be doing them next month at my Try It Thursday class, so you might want to mark your calendar and plan to attend!


Today I got an awesome box of goodies in the mail from my VERY talented friend, Brandi.   If you aren't following her blog, go now and get that one your reading list.   I absolutely love her work and as a bonus, she makes me laugh a lot too!  Winning her blog candy allowed us to become friends and I'm so happy that the random number generator picked me!   :)   I can't wait to play with my new stamp set and drool a bit over my pretty card.   Maybe my next workshop hostess will get lucky and get a decorated tin!   Don't they look fun to work with?    Thanks again, Brandi!   You rock!

I do apologize for the crummy pictures.   I didn't get in my room until late today and missed the good light.  I am slowly getting together the pieces to make my light tent, so hopefully that won't be an issue in a few more weeks.

3 comments:

  1. Aw, you total sweetheart! I'm so glad to have "met" you as well, lady. There's nothing I love more than making friends with people who "get it." You're certainly one of those people, my friend.

    Enjoy your stamps!

    Hugs,
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Rita! The bow looks absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning, Rita! I LOVE both the box and the bow!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)