Saturday, October 22, 2011

Gently Falling Duo Challenge


I had a wonderful day crafting with my two best friends today!   I got up early this morning and made us some soup and banana nut bread to snack on during our girls' day.  They were both yummy and helped fire up our mojo for some card making!    This was the card I worked on today; it uses the fun sketch from Pals Paper Arts.   I love this sketch and will definitely be filing it away for future reference!    I also wanted to play along with The Friday Mashup and use twine on my card.   I adore baker's twine and seem to be using it way more than ribbon lately.

I am really enjoying Gently Falling, so I'm pretty sure I'll be putting an order in for it tomorrow.  :)    To start my card, I played around with my Color Coach and decided I liked the look of Calypso Coral, So Saffron, and Early Espresso together.  Once I figured out how much of each I wanted to feature on my card, everything went together pretty easily.  

Stamps:  Gently Falling, Falling Leaves
Ink:  Early Espresso (ink and marker), So Saffron (ink and marker), Calypso Coral
Paper:  Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Calypso Coral, So Saffron
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Square Lattice embossing folder, Modern Label punch, Early Espresso Baker's Twine, Antique Brads, sponges, Color Spritzer (just for you, Ann!)

13 comments:

  1. And I am grateful for all of the wonderful things you create! love that twine-y bow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I was slightly distracted at the mention of banana bread....but I'm back and focused. Lol! I love this Rita! looks like you had some super mojo working today for sure. I'm sooo trying NOT to want this set but it keeps tempting me...esecially with this little beauty. The twine finishes it off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you make me some banana bread, I'll be there tomorrow morning. Just tell me what city and state your in. LOL! I'd love to craft with you someday, my friend. Especially if you make pretties like this while I'm there. :)

    Hugs,
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful! Love the color combo! I have this set, but it hasn't seen ink yet...GASP! I better get it out soon. Love the bakers twine with that antique brad. Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Banana Bread... Yumm!!! This is so pretty, I can't believe that's Calypso Coral, it goes great with these colors. Not to over powering. I need to put that leaf set on my list it's so pretty. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. I love the simple "grateful" sentiment. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, love leaves and great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and I love the way you incorporated the twine. Thanks for joing us at The Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a soft and pretty card Rita, that colour combo is really great together. I like your bakers twine and antique brad bow. Just the right touch to finish off your creation.

    Thanks for joining in on our challenge this week.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rita! Glad to see you play with us at the Friday Mashup. Beautiful card, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rita, you have mastered this set! This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Rita, you are designing some awesome cards with this set! I love the layout too, how did I miss this sketch and the colours just pop! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Now if only I had some banana bread too... :) Thanks for playing with us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)