Friday, January 27, 2012

FM43: Sketchy Fun

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a project using the "Sketch".
  2. Or Make a project using "Something NEW in your stash". (Stamps, ribbon, pretty paper...anything!)
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project "using the Sketch & something NEW in your stash".
It's Friday, Friday, Friday!   Oh sorry.  I got stuck on the most annoying song ever.   Goodness.   Anyway, it IS Friday and time for a challenge from The Friday Mashup!   Kim has a fun sketch challenge for us this week!  The other part of the challenge is to use something NEW in your stash of stampin' goodies.   I just know you have something that's sitting there unloved, so that part should be easy!  :)


I went to bed on Wednesday night knowing that I had to make my card yesterday morning.  I guess my brain was processing the sketch all night because I had the idea for this card when I woke up!  Don't you love when that happens?   I couldn't remember the colors my brain picked, but I wanted to use Crumb Cake for some reason or other.   The new product was the Wisteria Wonder baker's twine and of course I had to use my new diagonal scoring plate!  :)

This is a very different card for me.   I love clean-and-simple, but to me they are the most difficult cards to create.   I like to challenge myself to try them sometimes but get frustrated with them pretty quickly.   My sweet friend Marla helped me via our iPhones yesterday so it was good to have a buddy to talk out the design with. I love my demo friends so much!  I hope you enjoy it and will come play along with us!  

Stamps:  Fresh Vintage (SAB), Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Versamark, Elegant Eggplant
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, Very Vanilla, Neutrals DSP stack
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Beautiful Butterflies die, Boho Blossoms punch, Simply Scored w/ Diagonal Plate, In Color Dotted brads, Wisteria Wonder baker's twine

11 comments:

  1. Oh this is really pretty, I love the scoring and that butterfly is soooo lovely. Congratulations on winning the board!

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS! MY goal this year is to use this butterfly die more! May I CASE this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch with the scoring. I'm going to have to look into that diagonal plate.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love CAS cards and you totally nailed it with this card Rita, its gorgeous! I think you might have been channeling Holly a bit with this card!! LOL

    Oh, and I am sending you a bag of moose nuggets(aka poop, LOL) for getting that stupid Rebecca Black song stuck in my head!! Make it stop!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did great with the sketch and the CAS look! The butterfly focal point is so pretty (love that color) and that was a creative idea to use scoring for the diagonal pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! Love this sketch, although I agree it is a bit tricky! I find I am lost without sketches to follow these days!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is BRILLIANT and GORGEOUS!! Love your use of texture to to with the sketch. Love the CAS look, the colors...everything! You truly rocked the challenge this week, Rita!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! I pinned it for CASEing later! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, diagonal plate! Awesome! Can't wait to see what other creative stuff you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your clean take on the sketch and super pop of colour. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, I love the clean look and your butterfly is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)