Friday, February 24, 2012

FM47: Kissing!

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a project using the "Kissing Technique".
  2. Or Make a "Round" project.
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Round project featuring the Kissing Technique".

Didn't Holly pick the cutest graphic for her challenge this week?  I love it!   At The Friday Mashup, we are all about kissing this week!   Now you should have done a lot of real kissing last week on Valentine's Day, so perhaps you need a break this week?  Let those stamps do all the kissing!  :)   That's what I did.  (Sorry, sweetie!)


I didn't have a lot of solid image stamps to pick from, so I decided I should make another card with my favorite new set, Send Me Soaring!  My first attempts at kissing created some cool faux snakeskin kites, but I finally found some other stamps that worked better for more normal looking kites.  I know, I know...you want to see what snakeskin kites look like.  Maybe I'll put them on a card next week.   What fashionable diva wouldn't want a purple snakeskin kite birthday card, right?  

Lots of stamping and lots of fun colors on this one!  I hope you enjoy it.  :)   Be sure to stop by the Friday Mashup blog and vote for the Fan Favorite challenge!

Stamps:  Send Me Soaring, Paisley Prints, Fresh Vintage, Dot Dot Dot
Ink:  Pool Party, Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade
Paper:  Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder, Baja Breeze, Welcome Neighbor DSP stack (retired), Whisper White
Tools/Accessories:  Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, circle punches, blender pen, paper snips

12 comments:

  1. LOL, I'd kinda like to see the snakeskin kite! Interesting! Well, these turned out just fine--I love your grassy hill, too! I love polka dots...why don't I have that stamp set?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rita, Thank you so much for your hugs. It was my brothers birthday yesterday so remembering that Mike to plus my love Mike today. I really need the hugs today so thanks so much! Love your Send me Soaring card. Very cute. Hugs back, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!! Perfect use of that retired dsp...I might have some too! ;-) I have not ordered this stamp set, but I now NEED to! Order going in tomorrow! March is aa great time for cute kites! Thanks for enabling me! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rita,

    Thanks for your comments on my card this week. Love the simplicity of your kites, even though you have a fair bit of detail on the card it still looks clean.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK I just love your pic for your post - so Iconic. Your card is just too precious. I love the color combo but they way you worked the clouds, the kites, the colors of the purples and blues is just so "uplifting". It is just toooooooo - cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I liked the snakeskin, lol! And I just now noticed the dots on the grass...I'd been so focused on the cute kites:-) Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rita - I love your kissed kite card. So cute and interesting to look at. And the sailor dress is even cuter. Good luck with the ultrasound tomorrow. I'm sure everything will turn out to be just perfect!! Blessings to you and Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rita, this is darling! So many details to love--all those fun clouds, the grassy hils and of course those adorable kites! I loved trying to figure out which stamps they were kissed with! Great job and, I for one, would love to see a snakeskin kite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your kissing card Rita. The colours you've used are gorgeous and those kites look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your kissing is so awesome; I couldn't tell it was kissing! I *need* to get this set!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a fun card Rita, I love it! That grass hill is awesome with the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)