Friday, March 9, 2012

FM49: Chocolate Bunny

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a project using the "colors Green & Yellow".
  2. Or Make a "3-D project that's a Basket or a Treat Pouch".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Treat Basket/Pouch using the colors Green & Yellow".

I'm running behind this week, so I apologize for getting my post up so late today.   :(   It has been a week full of allergies, sinus headaches, and some sadness as I've worked on cleaning out Eli's room.   All that combined hasn't left me in the mood to stamp at all.   I did treat myself to some Starburst Jelly Beans and they helped me get my card made today.   

Kim is the hostess this week for a fun Mashup challenge.   I am out of room to store any 3-D type items, so I didn't go for the mashup this week.  Not having people to give those kind of projects to really makes them pile up pretty fast on my bookshelf!  Instead, I used the yellow and green to make a cute Easter card.  I got the Chocolate Bunny stamp from my friend Ann ages ago and finally inked him up today.   I love him just as much as I thought I would!  I can't wait to make more cards with him.  


I was inspired by this week's sketch at Create with Connie and Mary and modified it just a bit to work with my bunny.  I truly want to work on doing more clean-AND-simple cards but find them so difficult to pull off.  I'm hoping great sketches like that will assist me in my goal, so I am sure you will see this one again.   :)

Stamps:  Chocolate Bunny, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Versamark, Old Olive
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Brights DSP stack
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, 2 1/2 circle punch, Itty Bitty punch pack, heat tool, clear embossing powder, Basic Pearls

18 comments:

  1. This is the sweetest Easter card, Rita! It makes me wish again that I had bought this stamp when it was available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute Rita! I love the way you've embossed the dots over the striped dsp, it looks fantastic and I would never have thought to try it. Love the way you've used the colours on your very sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita,

    Strength to you girl! Your little chocolate bunny is super cute. I know what you mean about CAS cards and struggling with the whole concept!

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful CAS creation!
    Love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy card! Love the added polka dot texture on the striped paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so sweet!! I have always loved that bunny. I just love the layered grass and flowers. Awesome details. Thanks for joining us this week over at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that bunny! I kept mine because I just couldn't part with it! This is a very sweet card! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, Rita! This is soooo stinkin' cute! Love how the chocolate bunny pops on all that gorgeous yellow and those rolling green hills are incredible! Adorable card and I'm so glad you joined us at CCMC! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love chocolate bunny with grass in the back! One of my fav stamps too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is SUCH a pretty card Rita! I love the yellow and the embossing is just perfect! And that bunny looks yummy enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable, Rita! I forgot I had that bunny....I need to pull him out! Love the background, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great Easter card! I love how you used the chocolate bunny here! How clever to use the patterned paper for the grass and then add the flowers! Love it! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, this little bunny sitting with the scenery you created is so cute! Thanks for participating with Create with Connie & Mary this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay...so this chocolate bunny is absolutely FABULOUS on this sketch! LOVE it! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, my favorite Chocolate Bunny!!! The embossed polka dots on the stripes DSP look great, too! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That chocolate bunny looks good enough to eat! I love how this came out with the sketch and the polka dots on the DSP is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chocolate bunny, YUM! Your embossing is so cool how it looks like the dots are floating on the lines on the paper. I've never thought to emboss patterned paper but now I have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG, I love this! This is the card my mother is getting for easter!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)