Wednesday, April 11, 2012

FMS30: A Cheerful Treat

Tui has a very fun sketch for everyone this week at Freshly Made Sketches!   I love it, but I had a horrible time deciding on which stamp set to use.  I've been trying to give my neglected sets a bit of love, so I ended up going with a retired hostess set, Love & Care.  This was one of those sets that I had to put in a last minute order to get before it retired.  :)   I haven't used it nearly enough, but I do love it.  
In addition to neglected sets, I've been trying REALLY hard to use up some of my designer paper that will be retiring next month.   I really love the Cheerful Treat designer paper that is in the hostess section of the current catalog.   It's so bright and fun!    I used it last week for my Friday Mashup card and decided to pull it out for this one as well.  I also used my new stamp set that I chose for winning Shellie's challenge, Fabulous Phrases!   

I hope you'll check out the other gorgeous creations from the designer team and our fabulous guest designers!   

On a side note, I found out last week that I did pass that awful glucose tolerance test!  Unfortunately though, I'm anemic.  :(  I hope that explains the extreme tiredness and shortness of breath that I've been dealing with.   I'm taking iron supplements now (which brings a whole other set of issues!) and crossing my fingers for some energy and mojo to return soon!

14 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Rita! I love the way you've stamped those flowers and you've made excellent use of your new sentiment set. It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card really like that set of stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Rita! Love the paper and the colors are wonderful! I love those flowers - why don't I have them?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you embracing the pink!! This is fantastic, Rita. I'm trying to use up mine too in anticipation of new things. On the iron front, eat yogurt. Sounding like a commercial but it does help. Glad the glucose test went well (and is done!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really was a "Cheerful Treat"! So bright and pretty. I love the colors that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Rita! The colors are so vibrant and that stamp set is perfect with the DSP. Good luck with your efforts to use up as your retiring papers - I'm on the same mission myself!

    Sorry to hear about the anemia. I hope better days are ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty!! The stamp and flowers on the paper are a perfect match!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a bright and cherry card Rita, I love it!

    I bet you're glad that glucose test is over! And I know what you are going through with the iron supplements, I had to do that with each of my pregnancies. I didnt care for those big ol' horse pills!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card certainly has the WOW factor. Great colrs and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bright, cheerful and all around gorgeous, Rita! Hope you get to feeling more like yourself soon! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the mix of papers and the colours Rita...that set was on my wishlist but I never got it. Glad you are doing well even if you are now on iron pills...

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card Rita ... yes, that stamp set is lovely and works really well with that paper - so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How pretty Rita! Love your cheerful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is so bright and so well done - definitely going into my inspiration binder! I'm no doctor, but I was tired and had shortness of breath and it turned out to be my heart, so I hope you had that looked at closely, as well. Sending best wishes that you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)