Wednesday, May 16, 2012

FMS35: Vintage Butterflies

It is Wednesday and time for another sketch from Freshly Made Sketches!   Jen T. is our hostess this week and has this fun three-panel sketch to challenge everyone.   It took me a bit to figure out what I wanted to do with my card, but with the help of my friend Marla I finally settled on some embossed panels.   What do you think?
I had to use the adorable Butterfly Prints set.  I haven't had it very long and it will be retiring at the end of this month. :(  Of course I'll keep it because I tend to use retired stuff if it strikes my fancy.  I love having lots of options!   

Stamps:  Petite Pairs, Butterfly Prints
Ink:  Rich Razzleberry, Island Indigo
Paper:  Baja Breeze, Rich Razzleberry, Island Indigo, Brights DSP stack
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Beautiful Wings embosslit, Butterfly punch, scallop oval punch, oval punch, Island Indigo Baker's Twine, In Color Dotted brads, Basic Pearls

On a personal note, this pregnancy is winding down and so am I.   This week I've been really sick with a sore throat and aching ears, so I'm on antibiotics and finally starting to feel a little better.   Unfortunately my blood pressure has been up, so I have to get labs done today to test for pre-eclampsia.   Cross your fingers that all goes well with that.  I heard my doctor throw out bed rest when we were talking about it and I would be so unhappy for that to happen.   I already told Jason he'd have to buy me a mattress for my stamp room floor!  :)

Come play along with us this week!  Be sure to stop in and say hi to the other design team members and our awesome guest designers!

14 comments:

  1. Yes i made sure i got this set of stamps before it retired love the butterflies. Your card is very striking love the embossed background. Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colors are fabulous together and I love the embossed panels! Hope you get a good doctor's report!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the embossed panels are so pretty here! Lovely card! Prayers for you. Try to rest where you can, please! Hugs, Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I love the colors, embossed background, and the tiny butterfly by your sentiment. Lovely! Take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita, I love what you did with this sketch! The colors, butterflies and textures are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this one! That is one of my new favorite color combinations. BTW, did you happen to see your blog hit counter? CONGRATS!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the embossed panels are fantastic! I hope you get a good report from the doctor. I'm having a hard time imagining you stamping from a mattress in your stamp room. (Although I don't doubt you can do it)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card Rita ... the embossed panels are perfect here, as is the butterflies and pretty colour scheme!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought that butterfly punch as soon as it hit the clearance rack. :-) Love it! also really enjoyed how you used it with the sketch card.
    Cheers, Karen
    (Good luck with your lab work)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rita, this card is so pretty! I love the colours you used - and that little butterfly on the sentiment.

    Hope all goes well with the lab results. Rest when you can - stamping is considered restful, no? ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)