Friday, May 11, 2012

One sketch, three cards!

If you are looking for my Friday Mashup post, please click here or scroll down.  
Yesterday I had a wonderful lunch with two of my club ladies and we came back and stamped a bit afterwards.  I wanted to show them the versatility of a sketch, so I made up three designs for us using this sketch from Papered with Love.  I knew one of them had recently purchased the Top Note die and thought this one would be a perfect way to show her how to use it.  :)  
Our first card was the feminine version!  I used the same colors from my Freshly Made Sketches card this week because I am really loving them!  (I know, PINK!)    I kept it fairly simple, just added a bit of stamping on the card base with a small stamp from Raining Flowers.  

Stamps:  Raining Flowers
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Chocolate Chip, Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade, Pretty in Pink, Subtles DSP stack
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Top Note die, Tasteful Trim die, Fun Flowers die, circle punch, Blossom Builder punch, crimper, Neutrals glimmer brads

Our next project was the masculine version and of course I had to use The Open Sea!   The Color Coach gave me this gorgeous color combination; it has two of my favorites, Crumb Cake and Not Quite Navy.   For this one we used a background stamp on the card base, the Netting stamp.  It adds a bit of interest without taking away from the main image.   We also embossed the Top Note with the Houndstooth embossing folder. 

Stamps:  The Open Sea, Netting background
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Not Quite Navy
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Not Quite Navy, Riding Hood Red, Naturals White
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Tasteful Trim die, Top Note die, houndstooth embossing folder, circle punch, Neutrals buttons, White Baker's Twine

Our final project was the child version!   For some reason I just love this one; it seems fun I guess?  We left the card base plain this time, but embossed the Top Note with the Stripes embossing folder.   Button Buddies was being neglected, so I thought it would be the perfect image for this one.   I used the pennant stamp set and punch to give Mr. Piggy a party hat with a bit of bling.    Isn't he cute?

Stamps:  Pennant Parade, Button Buddies
Ink:  Real Red, Pacific Point
Paper:  Pacific Point, Real Red, Whisper White
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Top Note die, Tasteful Trim die, Stripes embossing folder, circle punch, Pennant punch, Itty Bitty Punch pack, Brights buttons

If you like this concept, we'll be doing it again next Friday night!   I'm having a Girls' Night Out stamping event where we'll take a sketch and do 3 cards each of 3 different designs.  It starts at 6:30pm and is only $20!   You can check out the details and RSVP on my website.  I hope to see you there.  :)

7 comments:

  1. I love all three of them, but I think I like the pink and brown one the best. I guess Laila is making you like pink! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita these are WOW, love them all but I'm a chocolate and pink girl so have to call that my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my top note die, and you've just shown me 3 more reasons to love it! Great cards, and I especially love that piggy with the party hat! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards! What a fun project for your club!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to make 3 cards from one sketch might have to borrow that idea for the next craft get together and i just love all 3 of your cards Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this sketch and the cards showcased using it! What border punch is being used? I have looked for a similar border punch being at our local hobby store but with no luck.

    Love your cards Rita!!!! I finally created a Google account so I could comment on your site and some others! :) Thanks for sharing your talent! I have a my own phrase, "Look & Learn"! When my husband calls and ask what I'm up to, I answer, "I'm doing my L&L Session!" He knows that means I'm absorbed looking and learning on the computer which means Stampin' Up! stuff! LOL!

    I'm so inspired by so many and you are one of them! Thank you Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so fantastic! And what a wicked idea for a club. I love the blue-on-blue kids card!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)