Sunday, July 15, 2012

Did you miss me? :)

2012 Create Challenges-026
What a week!  Jason went back to work on Thursday, so I got to experience my first days home alone with the baby.  It went great, but those 14-15 hour days are rough.  I was glad to have him back home today for sure.  I didn't find much time to stamp, but I started working on a card for the color challenge at Create with Connie & Mary last night and just finished it up tonight.  
A pretty simple card, but man it took me forever to make it.  My poor brain is just tired lately and to top that off, I fell last weekend and either bruised or broke my tailbone!   It hurts so bad to sit down so I've managed to get quite a bit of cleaning done around the house since that requires standing.  :)   First a rough pregnancy and now that...I'm most definitely feeling my age lately.   I'm going to need that Life Alert thing before you know it.  

Stamps:  Happy Hour
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, So Saffron
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Pool Party, Whisper White, 2011-2013 In Color DSP stack
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Finishing Touches Edgelits, Chevron embossing folder, 1 3/8 square punch

I am just so in love with this little girl.   Here she is in her swaddle blanket aka baby straight jacket.  :)  

8 comments:

  1. Great card! I must get me this stamp set! Thanks for playing along this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card. I've been admiring your creations for a while. I believe I found your blog from the Freshly Made Sketches site. Just thought I'd finally say hi and tell her how much I admire your work. Oh, and congrats on the new little one. She's beautiful :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life Alert? Boy, did I need the chuckle that burst from me when I read that!!

    You're definitely making the case for me that I NEED this stamp set. Everything you've done so far with it is so AWESOME!

    And finally, a big AWWWWW for the sweet little one in her straight jacket. TOO STINKIN' CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the color challenge Rita. So sad to hear of your "accident", hope you heal in a hurry, no fun! And congrats on your new addition! Thanks for joining the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Rita!! Love this set and the way you used it! Works great with the challenge colors!! Thanks for playing along at Create with Connie and Mary!

    P.S. What a precious little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that stamp set and think I may have to buy it after all:) Love your card it's so much fun with all the details. And what a sweet Baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh your little girl is just ADORABLE!!! Oh..that's right...the card is ADORABLE too! Love the use of this set for the challenge - perfect! Thanks for playing along in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card! I was a little distracted looking at that darling baby, though! Don't you just love the Happy Hour stamp set? After the events in your life lately, you probably wish those drinks were real! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)