Wednesday, October 10, 2012

FMS56: Summer Silhouettes


Time for a new Freshly Made Sketch!  I'm the hostess this week, so this sketch was my design.  It seems a bit boring compared to some of the ones we have had recently, but hopefully you'll find it fun anyway.  I always seem to do cards with squares or rectangles; I think I have an aversion to circles or something?  I can use them on my cards just fine, but I don't tend to create sketches with them.  Anyway, rectangles it is!  :)


I used a new favorite color combination for this one, Crumb Cake, Island Indigo, and Lucky Limeade.  They work so wonderfully together!   I usually go for an embossed panel on my background, but I tried something different here and used Versamark to stamp some of the flower images from the set on there.  I like how it turned out I think and will have to try it again.   The designer paper is from Festival of Prints that is in the holiday catalog; it is so useful for more than just Christmas cards!  

Stamps:  Summer Silhouettes, Petite Pairs
Ink:  Versamark, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White, Fesitval of Prints DSP stack
Tools/Accessories:  Whisper White stitched grosgrain ribbon


Have I mentioned how much I love this girl?  After losing Eli, I never thought we'd be truly happy again.  She has brought so much joy and happiness back into our lives and I'm so glad that we never gave up hope of being parents again.  It's a bit sad right now as this time of year is time that we actually did get to spend with Eli.  Hopefully Laila will help us remember the good parts of that time and not dwell on that which we cannot change.  I sure do miss my little pumpkin though.  

14 comments:

  1. It's a great sketch Rita and I love your card too :) Great idea to stamp the flower in the background. I really like the effect it gives.

    I'm so glad you didn't give up hope. She is so beautiful and I know the immense joy she brings to you.
    Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Gorgeous colour choices. Lovely photos too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome sketch and card today, Rita! I need to use that stamp set more! Thanks for sharing about Eli as well as Laila! Precious memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful, I love the color combo! And Summer Silhouettes is one of my favorites!

    I have been enjoying your pics of Laila on each of your posts but don't always comment, but I am glad you didn't give up hope either! Like you, I lost a baby girl at 6 weeks old and was scared I wouldn't have another one but God was good and blessed us with a son (who is now 34!) I am so happy for you and can see how much joy she brings to your lives, she is just a beautiful little baby! I know Eli and my Jessica are looking down on us and smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, Rita! I love this color combination. Island Indigo is such a rich, warm blue. Laila is as adorable as ever! What a cutie she is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rita! Love your card! Thanks for an awesome sketch this week! Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the great sketch Rita. And the colors on your card are fast becoming one of my favorites.

    I'm so glad that you and Jason have beautiful Laila in your lives and that you never gave up hope to be a happy family again. Big cyber hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card Rita! I've never used those colours together before, but they are just gorgeous! You designed a great sketch Rita. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this sketch isn't boring at all! I can see lots and lots of uses for it. Love your card - that stamp set is on my Wish List so I always like to see how other people are using it.
    Thanks for sharing about Eli, and the beautiful pictures of your daughter. Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous card Rita .... clean, fresh and elegant!
    Thanks for the great sketch this week!
    Loving the pics of your sweet lil munchkin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Rita! I love that stamp set! Such great colours!!! Laila is so beautiful! Just scrolling through the pictures! Love the one with Bandit! Thinking of you at this hard time! Eli was adorable! Thank you for posting his picture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colors, and I love the DIY DSP background! Thanks for such a great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rita, this card is just lovely - clean and crisp and perfect! And your daughter is absolutely precious. I'm sure that she lights up your day, every day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rita, your strength blows my mind. I am so glad that you were blessed with the beautiful little girl and that Eli was blessed with such amazing parents whose hearts he touched in the short time he was with you.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)