Wednesday, October 24, 2012

FMS58: Topsy-Turvy Cake

Time for a new Freshly Made Sketch!   This one comes from one of our fabulous guest designers, Narelle.   I have been struggling with my mojo for over a week now, so I was pretty last minute getting my card made for this one.   I did manage to combine it with a HYCCT challenge!   Cindy asked us to make a pink birthday card inspired by some pictures that she shared.  I chose this one and focused on the colors. 


My Topsy-Turvy Celebration set has been neglected lately, so I thought it might be a fun one to pull out for a cute birthday card.  


The more I look at this, the more I kinda like it.  :)   It's been a while since I could say that actually.   I did change up the banners a bit.  I thought they might look fun all mixed up like my topsy-turvy cake!  I hope it will bring joy to someone's day just like this little girl brings joy to mine.  

11 comments:

  1. Love the pink and grey and the different shades of pink too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great card, Rita! I love the color scheme and details, but especially love how you altered the sketch a bit to make it perfect for this fun birthday card. You are so creative. This card really "takes the cake"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ALWAYS love what you do with this cake set....you make it look so easy, balancing those layers. Perfect take on the sketch and I love how you matched it to Miss Laila's outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is something wonderfully Dr. Seuss-y about this cake! It is adorable - great colors! And Laila is dressed for the party - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card really made me smile!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so cute, Rita! I love your layer cake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rita! Love that topsy turvy cake and I love how you extended that to the banners! Laila is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your topsy turvy take on the sketch! The cake is yummy and the wee flowers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I more than kinda like it Rita - I love it! Topsy-turvy works so well for this card and I love how you've topsy-turvyed the banners as well - it really works! I'm glad you liked my sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! I wish I had bought that stamp set....love, love, love the colours! Fabulous! Laila is SOOOOO cute! I think she honestly gets cuter with each picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this delicious pink creation. Super gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)