Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hopeful Monkey


I got up before everyone else today, so I took that time to do a bit of stamping.  I feel very inspired by the Hope You Can Cling To challenges, so I wanted to do another one.  I completed the second one hosted by Lori that involves making a card for a child.  Here's the description of her challenge:  Make a card or two for the kiddos! These could be for a child who is called to stand strong much to early by fighting or a child that needs a little extra lovin' while mom or dad focuses on getting well.   I combined it with the fun colors from colourQ this week.  


Yes, it's SOCK MONKEY!!  :)  I know he, or in this case she, has few fans, but I love it.  I thought it would be fun to paper piece her to add a bit of fun.   Hopefully there's a little girl somewhere that will like her and not be frightened.  lol   My card was inspired by this gorgeous one from Tessa.  

Stamps:  Sock Monkey (retired)
Ink:  Basic Gray
Paper:  Basic Black, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Neutrals and Brights DSP stack
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Chevron embossing folder, heart punch

I couldn't remember if I'd shared this picture of Laila, but it's one of my favorites.  Doesn't it look like she's holding that giraffe like a baby?   

5 comments:

  1. I love this sock monkey....you're right, people either hate or love sock monkey, but how can you not love a PINK sock monkey??!! With a heart, no less?! And your little monkey gets cuter every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita I love your sock monkey stamp and beautiful colouring. Love the chvron embossing too. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute! I love the sock monkey to support a young girl going through a difficult time! FABULOUS:) Thanks for playing at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card, Rita, I love that sock monkey and the baby! Thanks for sharing your card and photo with us this week at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute..i love sock monkeys!! Thanks so much for playing with us at the ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)