Saturday, October 6, 2012

HYCCT Quilt


I don't think I've ever used so much pink in one week!   I found some time to work on another card for the challenges today.   If you'd like to check them out, you can find the master thread for them here.  This challenge was presented by Kathy and here's her description:  Make a card or two to inspire strength and courage to a patient. Or, you can be inspired by someone you know who been especially courageous. It’s open to your creativity.  

I will admit that this one was a bit of a struggle for me.  I couldn't come up with anything and finally decided to go with an old favorite, the quilt card.  My mamaw (that's Kentucky for grandmother) was a breast cancer survivor and this one is to honor her.   We shared a love of quilts as I think I've mentioned before, so this card is a nice reflection back on her life.  I miss her so much.  She struggled with dementia for a long time, but would still always ask my mom how my brother and I were doing.   She passed away on my birthday last year and I wasn't able to travel home to say my goodbyes due to being pregnant and sick.   I'm sad that she won't ever get to meet Laila, but I have some of her things to share with Laila and lots and lots of stories.  

And speaking of Laila, here she is in her size SIX MONTH sleeper.   All of her 3 month pants/outfits look like capris, so she's having to wear larger sizes to get those long legs covered.   :)  She sure is finding those hands and fingers tasty these days!  

1 comment:

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)