Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Rays of Gray

Laila and I worked on another card for the Hope You Can Cling To challenges today.   Well, I worked on it and she played I guess.   She also rolled over from tummy to back THREE TIMES when we did tummy time after!   It's amazing to see her hitting those milestones.  Eli's disease never allowed him to do that so it's all new to us.   Anyway, back to the card...   This challenge was from Beate and here's the description:  Finding out that you,a family member or friend has cancer is such a shock. You don't know what to say, you are angry, frustrated, sad.....the world turns gray. But there is always hope and lot of times, the cancer does not win. To show that hope in your cards, create a project (or color an image) mostly in gray tones, but at one splash of color.


Her challenge title was Rays of Hope and got me thinking about another Starburst card.  I thought it might give a bit of interest to all the gray.  As I was looking for a stamp set, I found my Strength & Hope one and thought it was perfect for this card drive!   I'm really loving the cards I'm making for these challenges and I hope they find their way to someone who will love them.   

Stamps:  Strength & Hope(retired)
Ink:  Basic Gray, Melon Mambo
Paper:  Basic Gray, Whisper White, Neutrals DSP stack
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Perfect Pennants die, Lacy Brocade embossing folder, 2 1/2 circle punch, Basic Pearls, Basic Gray taffeta ribbon (retired)


This was our dress rehearsal before her three month pictures.  :)  

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Rita! Those rays are so very effective. I dragged out this stamp set yesterday as I have a Breast Cancer Fundraiser on this weekend. Somehow the words from this set are missing - not happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Rita I love this. That pink butterfly sits gorgeously on the grey rays. Awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card - the pink butterfly is perfect against the gray! And I loved the rollover video on FB!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)