Monday, October 15, 2012

Serenity Now!


I'm still trying to catch up on my Hope You Can Cling To cards.  Making a card a day is tough for me, but I'm trying my best!    I am glad we have the first week in November to play catch-up.  I can already see that I'm going to need it.  Today's card is a challenge by Jennifer, a breast cancer survivor.  Here's her description:  So my challenge for you is to create a card that evokes peace, calm, and serenity with a touch (or splash!) of pink. no pressures, no requirements other than to just enjoy, embrace, and have fun while you are making it! Don't forget you can play along too!   A discussion with all the challenges can be found here.

I started off in a different direction, but it didn't work out and I decided to try again with the clear block background.  My first one looked amazing and then I dropped an inked stamp on it.  I figure that goes along with the rest of my day where I went grocery shopping with no purse, somehow double loaded my Starbucks card, and left the grocery store without buying any meat for our dinners this week.   It's definitely one of THOSE days.  Yuck.   Anyway, I I like how this turned out once I finally got it together.   I think it evokes serenity.  It does to me after my day.  :)

Stamps:  Just Believe, Petite Pairs
Ink:  Pink Pirouette, Early Espresso
Paper:  Pink Pirouette, Early Espresso, Whisper White
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Beautiful Wings embosslit, clear block, Early Espresso stitched ribbon, Basic Pearls


Just playing a little dress-up for our trip to Target last week.  :)

6 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card Rita. I love the look of the background. And you can "feel the serenity".

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card!! And a lovely Layla!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love days like that? NOT! I had a good chuckle at your comments, but only because I have been there, done that. This is a gorgeous card. Love the soft pink contrasted with the white and EE. Miss Laila is absolutely beautiful, as always. Such a cutie patootie!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Serenity indeed, Rita! This is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card, very serene indeed! Love the soft colors and butterflies! And I love seeing the pics of Laila, she is such a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)