Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Ship Wreckage :)


Whew!  Have you ever worked on a challenge that just refused to come together for you?  I can usually get them, but this HYYCT challenge from Jeanne S. has just kicked my butt. Here's her description:  The greatest thing when dealing with an illness is the hope that you or your loved one will be feeling "ship shape" again soon. My challenge to you is make a shaped card - no circle, rectangle or square cards.    I am not sure what number attempt this one is, but man!   I was about to give up and just not do that one, but I really wanted to finish them all.   I've set a goal to complete ALL of them, so I had to keep trucking.   This one is at least passable I think so I'm going to use it.   It was hard to make and ever harder to photograph!   Anyway, I got it I hope.  

I will say that cutting through 2 layers of card stock with your framelits is not recommended and does void the warranty.   If you try it, it is at your own risk.  Scary, but I like to walk on the wild side sometimes.  Ha!  

Stamps:  Stampabilities Pink Ribbon, En Francais
Ink: Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, Versamark
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Whisper White
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Labels framelits, Festive Piercing Pack, Crumb Cake taffeta ribbon, Basic Rhinestones, sponges, Heat Tool, Iridescent Ice embossing powder 


Jason mailed off my first box of cards to the cancer center today.  It is only about 40 minutes or so from us, so it should arrive fairly quickly.   I admit that I cried a little putting them in the box.  I put a lot of love into them and feel so good about doing something so worthwhile.   That's why we stamp, right?   To make us and others feel good?  :)   


Before Laila was born I said no bows.  Uh huh.   That's working out great as you can see.  

If you are looking for my Freshly Made Sketches post, click here.

1 comment:

  1. Shaped cards are so hard for me. I usually shy away from them. Your little Pumpkin Princess is growing so fast! She looks adorable with that flower headband!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)