Thursday, October 18, 2012

Vintage bird for HYCCT


Laila went to bed at seven last night, so I had some time to stamp and watch a little TV before bed.  I wasn't sure how the night would go with her crashing so early, but she was only up at three to eat and then back down until eight this morning!  She woke up smiling and happy too!   Anyway, I worked on another HYCCT challenge from Bridget.  We were to be inspired by this this verse from Emily Dickinson:  
Hope is the thing with feathers 
that perches in the soul
and sings the tune without the words
and never stops at all.

Thing with feathers = bird, sings the tune = music paper.  That works, right?  :)

Stamps:  Nature Walk, French Foliage
Ink:  Early Espresso, Soft Suede
Paper:  Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Natural Composition DSP
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Framed Tulips embossing folder, sponges, Very Vanilla seam binding, Neutrals buttons

This was my first time making a "shabby bow" based on my friend LeAnne's tutorial.   I just needed a small one, but it still worked!  Yay!


What are these things? 

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely card, Rita! Love that bow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, but I am afraid the cutie at the bottom of your post steals the show. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)