Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Paper Players in Orange


It has been way too long since I had time to play along with my buddies over at The Paper Players.  I loved Jaydee's sketch this week and thought I could make it work for a young girl type card.   I was in the mood for some Pumpkin Pie (not the dessert as I think that's gross) so I used that and white for my card.  It's rare to just use one color and a neutral, but it happens every now and then.  :)


I really like how this one turned out.  I love the mix of patterns, the bit of bling, and the ORANGE.  Finally a bit of my retired DSP got used too.  I am running out of room, so I am trying to make myself use up some of it and NOT allowing myself to buy any more until I clear out some.  


The Christmas tree was just too bright for her.  :)

6 comments:

  1. Awesome card, Rita! I love this pattern! And what fabulous butterflies! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pumpkin/white combo! It's so fresh, & the mix of prints is fabulous. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players, Rita, & for sharing the sweet pic of your little one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the cutie patootie picture! Oh, I love orange, too, so the card is GREAT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card for a tween girl - or a bit younger even! I am not a fan of orange but what you did made me smile! (and I am ordering some of this color soon - LOL! Love the picture of your daughter....next year she may want to get at the tree.... Know you will have a wonderfully special Holiday with her...soooo precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pumpkin pie (the dessert too)! And the pretty butterflies are so nice to see this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you've mixed patterns here and the large scallop borders rock! So refreshing to see a bright birthday card this time of year! Love the pic of Laila too! So glad you joined us!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)