Wednesday, January 2, 2013

FMS 67: Hearts!

Let's ring in the new year with a sketch from Freshly Made Sketches!  My super talented friend Jen Timko is our sketch designer and hostess this week.  This was a fun sketch and thankfully an easy one for me.  We had a rough New Year's Eve with almost no sleep thanks to some bad neighbors with what seemed like an endless supply of fireworks.  Add in teething baby and stamping was a bit of challenge yesterday!


I guess my take on the sketch is a bit weird. I didn't want to do a square card and had the idea for a portrait orientated one in my head when I sat down to work on it.   I think it's still close enough to count?  Thankfully Jen is a sweetheart so she won't be too upset if I mess up on her sketch.  :)  I used a few new products that will be available this week, the honeycomb embossing folder and the Real Red Core'dinations paper.  Fun stuff there!


Can you believe she turned six months old last week?!  Time is going by so fast and she's getting so big. 

17 comments:

  1. your card is lovely! Also little Layla is adorable and growing so fast!! Happy New Year to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh all that embossing and texture is wonderful! Love this - and the Pool Party heart looks fab with the red! And 6 months - wow! She is a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rita! Bummer about your New Year's Eve! Hope all is well now. Your Valentine card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Beautiful card. I love that color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wow card...love the color combo! And your daughter, she gets more adorable with every picture...just know it must be hard to stamp and do housework and other things when she is up, happy and playful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your take on the sketch. And the color combo is fast becoming one of my favorites for a Valentine!

    The pic of Laila is too cute! She just gets more adorable each day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Rita! I love that embossing!!! I can't wait to give my hexagon embossing folder a whirl!!! Great colours!!! I hope Laila has been having some better sleeps...I remember the sleepless nights with a teething baby...they do end!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the textures and colors! The button and twine are great accents, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As a rule I don't do square cards so it's good to see an alternative. Love the Embossing and those pretty hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome embossing goodness, right there! Love the color combo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card and what a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card and what a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a lovely card. I love the embossing effect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely Valentine card Rita ...that Pool party is so striking against the crumb cake!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of the texture on your card. It's really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The honeycomb plus the distresses layer are simply amazing, Rita! So glad this sketch came easy for you after the loud and rowdy neighbors kept everyone up! Love everything about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous. I love your color combo. Thanks for the inspiration. What a cutie you have! Ann Y.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)