Sunday, January 20, 2013

Paper Players and Dynamic Duos

  

After two days of twenty minute naps, Laila finally crashed for a bit today.   I was thankful for the break and headed to my room to try to stamp a bit.  I decided to combine the clean-and-simple sketch at The Paper Players with the colors at Dynamic Duos.


If you are like me, you have a tons of stamps that have a little (or in my case, a lot) of dust on them.  I decided to pull a couple of them out tonight to make a card.   I need to justify keeping them, right?   I did use current colors and lots of little flowers and pearls.  I was inspired by a lovely watercolor of cherry blossoms that a former colleague painted for me.  My card is not as lovely as her painting, but I kinda like it.  :)   


We've been doing a lot of floor time lately, but still no crawling.   She is learning to roll back and forth pretty good though.  I'm in no rush for her to become mobile because I know once it happens we are going to be chasing her all over the place!   That girl has some serious energy!  

I hope everyone has a great week. 

16 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous. The cherry blossoms steal the show!

    And I've decided to burn my Patriots sweatshirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, Rita! I love all of the dainty flowers with the sweet pearl centers. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Rita! Love how the red pops against all that beautiful white space and those pearl centered flowers are beautiful! thanks for the inspiration, now I have a reason for keeping that set too :-). So glad you joined us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rita, your card is just gorgeous! And so is your pumpkin :o) Glad you could join us at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful way to use these colors! Your dimensional flowers are just so dainty and sweet! Laila is getting so big.....trust me, she'll crawl when she's ready and you're right....she'll be into lots of things! So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, love those flowers, pure perfection!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found this card and L-O-V-E it...just printed so that I can re-create it for myself. Thank you for sharing your creativity....!!!! And yes, once Laila gets 'up', you will be in trouble!!!! But fun trouble....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Rita! Thanks for playing at The Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a breath of spring time hope. Very pretty indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Clean and classy! So elegant! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Reminds me of cherry blossoms! Thank you for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rita, this is simply stunning! Love the clean design and the pearls are the perfect finishing touch. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players AND Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this rita... perfect CAS

    So glad you joined us at the paper players
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)