Monday, February 4, 2013

Chalkboard Birthday


I had a great day stamping with one of my club members (and sweet friend) today!   She was kind enough to have me over and it was just us, her two dogs, and her cat.   After a rough day on Saturday, being up so much last night, and just general "I need out of the house" crazies, it was such a treat!   I was inspired by a sample in the Spring Catalog and wanted to try to recreate it.   This chalkboard technique is pretty popular right now and I figured I'd give it a go.  I do LOVE how it turned out, so I think we'll be making this one at club.  

To answer a few questions, this is all SU product.  The black is just normal basic black card stock that has been sponged with white craft ink!  I stamped the sentiment in the white craft ink, embossed with white embossing powder, and then sponged the white ink to make the erased chalkboard ink.  Hope that helps! 

Laila is so sick. :(   She's so congested and can't seem to sleep very well laying down.  Jason ended up sleeping in the recliner with her for part of the night and after he came to bed at seven this morning I got up and fed her and then held her for a nap.   She was pretty fussy for Jason while I was gone today, but woke up happy after taking a long nap on him.   We just put her down for bed and hope the humidifier and elevated mattress will help. 


My cousin found this cute outfit at Carter's and sent it for Laila.  It's so adorable and has a crab on the back.  She even sent her that huge matching bow too.  lol   She's been helping me come up with ideas for Laila's first birthday party which is great because she's great at party planning and I am not!  I think we are going to try to do a beach themed party in Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, and Tempting Turquoise.   If you see any cool favors or decorations, let me know.  :)    I love the idea of adding in a few crab things to honor Eli since he never got a birthday party.  

3 comments:

  1. Did you use chalkboard paper? If so, where did you purchase it? I've been looking all over for it after seeing some at the CHA. Unfortunately, the booth that was using it, didn't sell it. TFS Super cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is great...I love playing with this technique - so much can be done with it. Love your clothes line with our new Heart stamps and framelits! Sooooo sorry to hear that Laila is still sick...hoping that she will soon be better and back to her sweet and happy self! Darling outfit that your cousin sent to her and can't wait to start seeing birthday plans and decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so clever how you made that look just like a chalkboard. I guess one day our kids might not even know what one of those is. The school I used to teach at is phasing them out. Please have Laila checked for RSV. My one year old daughter has it, and had been congested for a long time before we found out what she had.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)