Wednesday, March 13, 2013

FMS77: Dreaming Birds

It's Freshly Made Sketches Day!   It also happens to be my ninth wedding anniversary. Jason should get some kind of award for putting up with me for that long!   Anyway, our new sketch is from the awesome Jen Timko.   I love the sketch, but I just could not decide on a stamp set this week. I kept looking and looking over my shelf and nothing was popping out at me.  I decided to make the rest of the card first and then focus on the stamped panel.  


I'm not sure where I was going with the cages and the birds.  I thought I'd use the colors from the Paper Players this week and this is what happened.   Maybe green owls will be all the rage soon.  ;)   I'm not sure if my little bird is dreaming of being in a cage or the other birds are dreaming of being out, but somebody is hopefully dreaming of something. 


Stamps:  Aviary, Fabulous Phrases
Ink: Early Espresso, Lucky Limeade, Regal Rose, Pool Party
Paper:  Early Espresso, Lucky Limeade, Regal Rose, Pool Party, In Color, Neutrals, and Brights stacks
Tool/Accessories:  Pool Party baker's twine, Neutrals buttons


We got a little sneak peek of Laila's Easter pictures and I thought I'd share.  This must have been taken during the five seconds she wasn't grabbing the props.  :)  

15 comments:

  1. I pulled out the bird cage set to use as well - and ended up with umbrellas - go figure! Couldn't make it work - but you sure did - love it - and the colors are wonderful! Happy Anniversary~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your commentary on your design process. It made me chuckle because it sounds so similar to mine sometimes. Trying to make the colors work with the stamps, making the sentiment work with the focal image, the focal image to work with the sketch, etc... There's a lot that goes into making one card, isn't there?! :) I love your card, Rita. And the Easter picture of your little one is absolutely adorable! I'm so glad you share pictures of her -- they always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, I love the colors together and that is one of my fav stamp sets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card...love the birds and here in CA, we have them all over the place...love this time of year!

    Now, the pic of Laila....the most adorable....happy sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oppssss....Happy Anniversary....and it is your combined love that keeps you both happy and with each other...just remember to keep communicating and laughing as much as you can and soon it will be 10, 15, 20, 25...or even 42 like me!!! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful Rita! I love your little green owl! I think he's perfect! Laila's Easter picture is amazing! She is so adorable!! Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all Happy Anniversary! Second of all thanks for the chuckles as I read your commentary! Green owls, birds in or out, it's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that you used bird cages Rita - they work so well with Jennifer's sketch. Gorgeous pic of Laila!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rita, This is quite simply the most beautiful card I've seen with this stamp set. So beautiful and clean. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rita, you are a hoot! I LOVE how you incorporated the green owl and the "dream" sentiment! Such a perfect use of the challenge colors. I saw Laila's picture on Facebook. I know I've said it before...she is beautiful! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I happen to adore green owls...especially ones that dream about pink and blue birds! LOVE it, Rita. Clean and fabulous! And Little Laila is cute as a button! So glad you joined us this week! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of my favorite stamp sets EVER and you really made me fall in love with it all over again with this one! So cute! Girl, your cards are awesome...you are way too hard on yourself in the design process. Whatever those birds are dreaming of...it came true on one really CUTE card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh those bird and their cages are adorable! But not as adorable as Laila! OMG! That is the cutest photo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. First, happy belated anniversary! Second, I LOVE your card. I can't believe that you worked in reverse and got this stunning outcome! Lastly, how do you expect us to notice the card when you post such precious pictures of Laila?! That is just the most adorable picture that I've ever seen! I hope she had fun with the props!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rita, for all this was giving you fits, it is certainly worth it! Love this...even that green owl. I think they will be all the rage and we can point right back to you. That picture of Laila is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)