Sunday, March 3, 2013

Hello? I'm still here...

It's me.  I thought I'd check in since my posting hasn't been so great lately.  I'm in a bit of a stamping slump I'm afraid. I've made 6 cards over the past few days to try to finalize my ideas for stamp club and none of them really turned out very well.  I decided to try to do a bit more with my business and it seems like less stamping for fun equates to less creativity for me.   I am hoping to find a balance to that soon though.  It just takes work and planning. (and more stamping and less time on the laptop!)

I thought I'd share a card I made where I attempted to CASE my super-talented friend Jenn.   She blows me away with her creativity and she was the reason I ended up buying this set.   My card is no where near as good as hers, but I had to work with what I had.  Jason thinks it needs a different ribbon, but it is what it is.   I may try to work on the idea a bit more and do it for an event later on.


I used the Tea for Two DSP that I'd purchased last month and the combination of Calypso Coral, Island Indigo, and So Saffron.   Like I said, not horrible, but most definitely NOT as good as Jenn's.   I am never good at copying ideas, so I really prefer to make my own designs.  Sometimes we need that boost of help though and that's going to be me this month for sure.   


Time is going by too fast.  I still can't believe she's 8 months old now.   I had to get her 12 months clothes out and wash them today as her 9 months stuff suddenly quit fitting this week.   We keep discussing what we want to do for her birthday and are going to have to get serious about that soon so that I can make decorations.  It feels like we have so much time, but I know how fast time is passing and it will be here before we know it.   I'm just so, so excited about the idea of a birthday party.  We never got that with our Eli so we'll be so thankful to get that with Laila.   I'm hoping to incorporate some crabs into her party (hence the beach theme) so that her brother can be a part of it as well.   

Now that I've made myself cry, I'm off to play with my family.  Have a great Sunday and stay tuned as I have two guest designer cards to share with you this week!   One will be featured tomorrow, so check back in the morning.  

2 comments:

  1. I think your card looks great! My littlest one is already 13 months old and growing faster every day. Oh it goes too fast! She is super cute, your little Laila!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)