Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Blooming with Thanks

  

Believe it or not, I stamped AGAIN!   I'm trying to work on challenges and having fun again.   It seems to be working too.  Yay!  I appreciate those of you who have taken the time to leave encouraging comments or sent emails.  I appreciate it so, so much.   I also have some news to share! :)  I was chosen as a display stamper for Convention 2013.  I got the email yesterday evening and am so excited...and nervous.  I won't get to go to Convention to see them in person, but my friends are under strict orders to take lots of pictures.

Now on to the card... I combined the fun new sketch at Try Stampin' on Tuesday with the awesome colors at Dynamic Duos.  


I actually like this one.  :)   I don't normally say that, but I think the flower from Blooming with Kindness just makes me happy.  It's just so pretty!   I added a cute little butterfly from Papillion Potpourri and a sentiment from Fabulous Phrases.   Three great sets are bound to make a lovely card aren't they?  

Stamps: Fabulous Phrases, Blooming with Kindness, Papillion Potpourri
Ink: Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie
Paper:  Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Brights DSP stack, misc. retired Bashful Blue DSP
Accessories:  Bashful Blue 3/8 Taffeta ribbon, Basic Pearls
Tools: Big Shot, Scallop Circles #2 die, 3 inch circle die, Scallop Border punch, Petite Butterfly punch


Someone has outgrown their mat.  lol  I don't know why she wanted to get on it yesterday, but it was cute.  We've had a much better day today thank goodness.  She was up crying for over an hour at 3am last night though.  I took her to the doctor today just to make sure nothing was wrong.   She's fine, so no clue what's causing her to be so fussy.  Hopefully it goes away and soon!!!! We are now on week two of cloth diapers and still learning by trial and error about those.  A few more kinks to work out and I'll be 100% in love.  I'm at about 93% now.  ;)

Be sure to come back tomorrow for a new card for Freshly Made Sketches! 

13 comments:

  1. Really pretty. I love this flower and the mix of papers. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is fabulous! So pretty. Great job with the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card, Rita! And CONGRATS on making Display Stamper! I knew you'd be chosen! I'm thinking that retired DSP is Delicate Dots form SAB a few years ago....

    Susan, aka Soozie4him on SCS
    Moot96 AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is sooo pretty and love the butterfly! Your daughter is a cutie, but why are you doing cloth diapers? I did that for a short time with my daughter but got over it quickly haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful card Rita! I love it!!! And Congratulations! I'm so glad you were chosen :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, the little butterfly really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card!
    Your daughter is too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card, and pretty little girl! ;-) I love how you used these colors so beautifully. That flower is beautiful in blue, and I love the orange butterfly. Very nicely done. Thank you so much for joining us at Dynamic Duos, and good luck with the diapers! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. I love the touch of the little butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful job. I love the Blooming with Kindness stamp set but have problems getting just what I want out of it. Your idea with the butterfly is great. Thank for sharing with us at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is just beautiful Rita, I love that flower too, and it looks wonderful in blue with the cute orange butterfly. Thank you for sharing your card with us this week at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card - so fresh and happy! I love the butterfly you have added and how you have used the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin' On Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty, Rita! I love the mix of patterns and that tiny butterfly. Congrats on being a display stamper, too! How awesome! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)