Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Stampin' Up! Branch Out

It's Wednesday, which means a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  Yay, right?!   Our sketch this week comes from the queen of layers, Narelle! I love the sketch; you can really layer it up as much as you like!  For mine I kept it more simple because I wanted my card to resemble a framed print.   Sort of anyway.   I did combine it with a HYCCT challenge from Patty:

In honor of October make a card featuring pink, green, & yellow with a touch of something shimmery or opal looking. You may use any shade of pink, green, & yellow that you wish, pastels, earthy tones, or bright tones. Keep the theme of the card upbeat and happy!

And the sketch:

I hope the card has a feeling of spring or renewal.  I wanted it to be simple, but cheery.   My bit of shimmer is on the boots which are embossed in Iridescent Ice embossing powder.  


My three loves relaxing together on the couch.  :)  

9 comments:

  1. Oh I love this card Rita! Branch Out is one of my all tim fav sets and you make me want to pull it out right now! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to your posts each day, but I can't decide if it is for the cards or for the pics of your darling Laila! She really does know how to light up for the camera. And I have to say that your cat looks like a mountain lion in your reading picture -- HUGE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card.....one of the greatest SU trees ever especially with those sweet boots! You have been rockin' these Splitcoast challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love how you added the pink sparkly boots and seamlessly used a bit of pink on the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pretty colorful tree Rita! And how cute are those pretty pink wellies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, Rita! I never had this set and it's a good thing it isn't still available, because you'd make me want it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card Rita! So perfect for fall! Who doesn't love a pair of pink boots?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really nailed both challenges. It's definitely cheerful and upbeat! I love the way you did the tree, the shimmery boots and your choice of embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful Rita! I love how you've layered your card and I especially love that gorgeous tree stamp!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)