Thursday, October 3, 2013

Stampin' Up! Positively Chevron


This is my second card for Hope You Can Cling To and a card we'll be making at my World Card Making Day class on Saturday.   I am "teaching" what to do when you are stuck and have no ideas.  This card I CASEd from myself.  :)   That works when you need ideas for sure.  The challenge was from Lori:
My challenge to you is to create a card that shares courage and strength with either the color red or orange or a mixture of both.
I decided to do a sort of ombre effect with both colors.  (Every time I see that word, I think of the cologne episode of Friends with Joey and the Hombre cowboy.)  Anyway, the effect was easy just inking the stamp with different color markers.  

Stamps:  Hello Lovely, Positively Chevron
Ink:  Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red
Paper: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Accessories:  Pumpkin Pie Button, White Baker's Twine
Tools:  Big Shot, Apothecary Accents framelits

Laila wouldn't take a nap at all on Tuesday, so she ended up falling asleep eating dinner.  She sleeps so well at night, but her naps are crazy.   Sometimes she'll take two naps, sometimes none.  They might last 30 minutes one day, three hours the next.  I just try to deal with whatever and be happy for the sleep at night.  

2 comments:

  1. I keep seeing cards with this ombre effect. It works really well with the chevrons.

    Confession: sometimes at my desk at work I look the same way Laila does here. Minus the sippy cup, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you hadn't been feeling well so when I checked tonight and saw a few posts I knew you must be feeling a little better. Thanks for sharing your work and I hope things get better for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)