Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Friday!


What a week!  I am so worn out, but I've been trying to stamp when I can.  I don't think I am going to meet my goal of doing all 36 of the HYCCT challenges, but I haven't given up just yet.  I wanted to share two more of them with you today.   This one is for Lisa's mixed media challenge. I've never really done mixed media that I know of, but I tried it here.  There's a lot going on with the background, but it doesn't show up so well in the picture.  It has gesso, glittered acrylic paint, stamping, and some clear embossing.  I added some of those adorable felt flowers that I hoard and added a simple sentiment.


This next challenge was a hard one for me.  Paula asked us to make a card inspired by a fairy tale.  Now I am a bit rusty on my fairy tales, so all I could think of was a frog, shoe, or a princess.  Do I have stamps for those?  No.  So, Cinderella's pumpkin just had to do.  I decided to make it a fall card because this DSP needs some love.  :) 


Laila didn't go trick-or-treating, but she still got all dressed up to visit some of our friends.   Maybe next year she'll be allowed to have a bit of candy and go around to a few houses.  She really liked her costume, so she might be wearing it every now and then.  She looks so cute in it that I don't mind that at all.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)