Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Stampin' Up! Just Sayin'


Well, I thought I'd scheduled my Freshly Made Sketches post for today.  Apparently I dreamed that?  lol  Anyway, Jen B has this awesome sketch this week.  I almost didn't get a card made with all the toddler drama going on this week, but I finally found a bit of stamping time yesterday.  Talk about last minute!   I tried a few ideas, but most of the other ladies had already used all the cool shapes.   I decided to try the word bubbles.  I stamped them first but it looked too crowded.  I then tried this and well, Laila woke up from her nap so this it was!  It's pretty plain, but I at least made something I guess.  Be sure to check out the cards from my fellow design team members; they are amazing this week!


See?  Pretty cool sketch!   I can't wait to see the gallery this week!


This was our pants meltdown yesterday.  She wanted different pants, two pairs of pants...who knows really?   She ended up with two pairs for awhile.  lol  Toddlers!

15 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo is right - this is adorable! Love the word bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just awesome!!! Love the word bubbles. Oh, and stay the course. This phase is hard but having pics like this will be funny to her (and you) one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That face looks absolutely pitiful. Be certain you comment on the picture what was so horrible so when she is 5, you'll remember. When she's five and in school, you won't be the smartest mom in the world anymore either -- her teacher will be!

    And I personally love the card! Sometimes those quick ones are the best! Good luck and I hope the meltdowns are fewer and more far between!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card is adorable! As for the melt down...been there done that! Amazing what sets them off. I just learned to pick my battles! Now my girls are teenagers and the meltdowns are so much more difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card and adorable melt down picture! These little ones can get so frustrated over the smallest things. When you look back, you have to laugh, but at the time it is stressful and draining! Hang in there...the tantrums do mellow over time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think the card is too plain. I think the word bubbles are a great idea! And look at that precious face. I agree with Jen T. Someday you both will have a good laugh over that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you managed to squeeze out the time to make this card, Rita. I love the CAS-ness of it and using the speech bubbles is a brilliant idea. Hang in there - they do grow out of it - or at least grow into a different annoying stage :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card and love the picture, too. I never know what to look at first - the card or the picture of Laila.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card,Rita!!
    Love how you used the speech bubbles...great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that you totally rocked this challenge....what a fabulous idea! And I always love plain and simple....great card! Poor baby, and such a face! And a bit early to start that clothes fun....but obviously you are getting used to it...after all, she is just two...the terrible twos...sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Great job using the word bubbles like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those speech bubbles are such a cool take on Jen's sketch Rita - fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the word bubbles! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe you whipped this up at the last minute! It's fabulous! Really clever idea to use the speech bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that lil darling of yours can be dramatic. you captured the moment perfectly. Love your card Rita. Sending hugs so that you can be comforted. I am sorry things are challenging now.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)