Friday, February 21, 2014

Stampin' Up! Sweet Essentials



I wanted to do a bit of fun stamping today, so I looked over the current challenges and fell in love with the sketch at Create with Connie and Mary.  They always have great challenges over there and I love when I get time to actually play along! I felt like using my elegant color combo of black, red, and vanilla.   I love adding the Fun Flowers die in with them too.   Pretty simple card, but fun to make and I like how it turned out. :)

CCMC291

Now on to important things...  Laila!  lol  I didn't realize that my picture didn't add to my post yesterday until I saw a few comments that people had missed Laila.  Sorry guys!   

We've been playing a lot outside lately.  She says shoes on, outside.  She definitely knows what she wants these days!  We had a run in with some fire ants the other day which wasn't so good, but I did a quick online search and dabbed apple cider vinegar on them.  It seems to have helped because she didn't complain much about the bites.  She had quite a few on her hand/arm and leg/foot.   Poor dear.  I'm just glad she was able to come tell me that something was bothering her before it was worse than it was.  We had a great day today.  Bed time was a bit rough, but Jason made it home in time to help out.  It's always nice when that happens. 

14 comments:

  1. What a striking card! These colors are just so classic and rich! Love it! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite cards in the last few days. Love everything about it. Glad things are better with Miss L -- she's certainly a beautiful little girl. Whomever is taking these pictures does a fabulous job and obviously loves this little gal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to post twice but when I comment on Laila, I get sidetracked! Where do you find a list of daily challenges? CAn you share?

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is getting so big! I love the pop of your red flower on the black and white...you nailed this sketch! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This beautiful card took my breath away! I made something similar a year ago for my SIL's birthday...she loves to wear black and red (my brother's choices) though she does wear other colors too...so I immediately thought of them....but I don't know anyone who would not love this color combo and that fabulous bright red flower! Love the pics of Laila....she is so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous flower Rita and I always love the red & black combination! So glad you joined us at Create with Connie & Mary this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...I just LOVE the Black, White and Red color combo...it is always sooooo striking and your card proves it! Thanks for playing along in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card in this classic color scheme... always so dramatic and striking! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week for the sketch challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! That layered flower is gorgeous! Love the sharp colors, too! Thanks for joining us in the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Try a product called AfterBite for the fire ants...I use it all the time for any insect bite...chiggers, mosquitos, bee and wasp stings, green head flies...it is aromatic spirits of ammonia in a tube...takes the sting/itch out immediately. I purchase at WalMart for around $4.00
    and of course love your card ideas and color combos
    patti moffett

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful bold card!! I love the black and white with the red flower, stunning!! Thanks so much for joining the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)