Monday, April 14, 2014

Stampin' Up! Simply Sketched

I thought I'd share a card we are making at my techniques class later this month.  It's a new technique to me called acrylic batik and this was my first attempt.   I think I need a bit more practice, but I like it!    I left the card pretty simple since the focus is more on learning the technique.


Laila got to have her first ice cream cone last week!   She thought it was yummy.  She really didn't eat much of it, but I think she enjoyed what she did eat.  That makes me happy.  :)

5 comments:

  1. Really cool result with the technique!

    Love the ice cream pics. She's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this technique. I wish I lived closer so I could come learn it from you. This is a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This technique (like others!) is new to me as well...thank you for providing the link to see how it is done, just may have to give it a try! Laila is so serious after the ice cream - maybe a touch of brain freeze? So cute and love her pinafore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Went back to look at her picture again, the blue checked dress is adorable and certainly not a pinafore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cool technique! I must check it out and give it a go. Fab card! (And who doesn't like ice cream LOL)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)