Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Sunshine for Freshly Made Sketches


It's Wednesday and time for a new Freshly Made Sketches challenge.   Jen B. is our fabulous hostess this week and she has a great sketch for everyone.  I was happy to have an immediate idea for a card!  It's nice when it works out like that, right?! 


I love anything related to clouds, sunshine, rainbows, etc, so I know my "any shape" was going to be a sun!  I have a great sunshine set from PTI and used a sentiment from that.   The Cloudy Days embossing folders is a total keeper for me, retired or not!   I used my Aquapainter to color in the clouds with a bit of Smoky Slate.   I don't know if I like that exactly, but it was so stark just to leave it all white.  



We took Laila to the zoo last week and she had a blast.  I don't know if she loved the animals, but she LOVED being able to walk around.  She wouldn't ride in the wagon much at all.  She's determined to walk everywhere now and does not want to ride.

8 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Love that whole sun cloud thing you have going on! And Laila looks like she had fun for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, Rita! Love how you've shaded the clouds, and I love that sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you shaded the clouds, too! This is such a bright and cheerful card. I love the way you made the sun and your twine and button. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card,Rita!! Love the clouds and sun!! Awesome!
    Leila is so cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that embossing folder too! Love how you've used it in this fun and bright card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card Rita! It is so cheerful and makes me smile! Such a fantastic take on the sketch! Laila is adorable as always! Hope the trip is going well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is perfect Rita! Love the sun and cloud embossing you've added - great mix!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)