Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Stampin' Up! Festival of Trees


Freshly Made Sketches day!   It's my turn to host this week and I have a fun sketch (I think).   I had to use some of my new goodies from the upcoming holiday catalog because I am a bit in love with these trees!   I did have to pull out some retired designer paper, so forgive me on that.   I didn't have any current paper in Pool Party.   What?!  I love non-traditional Christmas colors and cards, so these trees are going to be a new favorite and will have a permanent spot on my shelf for sure!


You can interpret those strips in several different ways.  Be sure to check out the design team blog to see all the ideas that we came up with.   My card is *almost* all Stampin' Up!  My sequin addiction got the best of me in the end though.  


She saw me with my camera and asked me to take a picture.  She's so funny because she'll go stand but then keep moving backwards.   Bandit decided to photobomb I guess.  It was near bedtime and he gets a bit of wet food then, so he's pacing and waiting.  I don't see them much all day, but around seven every evening they all come out of hiding.  :o)    I'm typing this on Tuesday night and it has actually been an okay day.   For the past three to four months Tuesdays have been the day we both end up in tears by the end of the day.   I don't know what it is, but the cats are always bad and Laila has a rough time. It ends up just being crazy all around.   Today was good though and I am thankful.   Yesterday we got some great news about some health issues my dad has been having, so I also super thankful for that.  I hope he feels better soon and I'm REALLY hoping that my parents make a trip down soon.  I miss them and Laila does as well.

I'm off to read more of my book!  I can't decide if I want to read or stamp once she goes to bed, but reading is winning out tonight.  I'm worn out and ready to relax.

12 comments:

  1. I haven't had time to comment for the past few days, but all of your cards have been fabulous. I so identified with your post about not having a clean house, etc. Forget it! Anyone who is a mom knows exactly where you are coming from. Kids grow up way too fast and you need to enjoy them now. My only child, my son, is out of college and working and what I wouldn't give to have him home again at Laila's age -- trust me, you will miss these frustrating days some day! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those trees are adorable! And I say sequins rule! Really sweet card! And I love the photobombing cat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am seriously loving those trees! And sequins make the world go round!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a bit in love with those trees too! Gorgeous card Rita.

    So glad to hear Laila and you have been having better days. Fingers crossed that lasts and the phase is over!

    Great to hear your dad is improving too, hope your folks can visit soon!

    I've been having real trouble following your blog since switching over to bloglovin - it doesn't come up in my feed :( so I have to remember to go hunting for it - hence lack of comments because I only remember every few days to a week. So frustrating and I don't know how to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been making some beautiful cards with those trees! I love the snowy background behind the trees, and the sequins look perfect with this. This was a great, versatile sketch, Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great sketch, Rita, and your card is gorgeous! I love the non-traditional colors and those trees look pretty darn cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Rita! I love those trees! Mine arrived today and I can't wait to play with them! Love the colours and the sequins! Sweet Laila! Love that she loves having her picture taken!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh look at all these new goodies - I can't wait to put in a Holiday Catalogue order. I really love these colours for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Rita, I love your cute festive trees.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a "Wow!" card, Rita! The details are fabulous! Love how you used the tags, and the sequins were the perfect finishing touch. This was such a great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great trees - I am anxiously awaiting being able to order!! I love the fresh look of your colors!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)