Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Golden Butterflies


I made it back to my Freshly Made Sketches team this week.  Yay!   Jen M. has a great sketch this week and there's so much you can do with it.  I was going to try some embossing paste for the rectangle, but I didn't have a stencil that would work for what I had in mind.   I am not usually a gold person, but I wanted to play along with the challenge at The Paper Players this week.   I had all this shiny glitter paper that needed to be used for something!  lol   The music paper tie it in with Susie's HYCCT challenge.

   

I hope my card is simple enough?   It's clean for sure.  lol    I have to say a big thanks to my awesome ladies on the design team who talked me through this one.   It involved a lot of taking apart and trying different things.  It's still not really my style, but hopefully all the glitter is distracting enough to hide the craziness.

Some pictures really don't need writing.  

11 comments:

  1. Still lovin' the cream/black/gold thing you have going on! The end result is beautiful......and so is that picture of your mom and Laila......makes me a bit teary eyed.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, this card works! And I'm glad you used the music notes for the rectangle as it really adds another layer of elegance to this beautiful card. And the photo of your mum and Laila is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really digging the gold butterflies especially with the vanilla and black color scheme. And that picture - what can I say?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sparkly, gold butterflies against the black and vanilla. And I love the sweet picture of your mom and Laila!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those glitter butterflies look perfect on the musical background. Such a stunning card! Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Rita! I do love the look of black, gold and vanilla together! So very elegant! Throw in some butterflies and it's perfect! Love the picture of Laila and your mom! So glad you are able to spend some time together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, Rita! I love the music note paper and touches of glimmer paper. Thanks so much for playing along with my challenge this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this card,Rita!! The color combination is perfect,and i love the butterflies!!
    What a cute photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous Rita! Love the combination of DSP, shimmer and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)