Thursday, October 30, 2014

Lots of Hope


I have several HYCCT cards to share with you today.   This first one is for my friend Jen Timko's challenge. Her theme is "Hope Soars" inspired by this quote: “When everything seem to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it ….” ― Henry Ford Isn't that fabulous? She's a pilot, so no surprise that we are using airplanes. :)


Sabrina's challenge was to NOT use traditional adhesive.   Yikes!   I can't sew on cards, but I tried.   I did have to beat some serious dust off the machine that Mom got me several years back.   I'm hoping that maybe I can work on it and figure out how to do it so that it doesn't look so crazy.   I did try though!   I had to sew the button on by hand.   That I can handle!  


Julie's challenge was to smash ink or paint onto your paper.  I didn't have any acetate or glossy cardstock, so I put some Island Indigo reinker on my craft mat, added a bit of water, and smashed my paper into that.   Once it dried, I painted over it with some gesso to soften the colors.  I think it makes the perfect background for this cute little guy. I did a bit of paper piecing on his clothes to match up the colors as well.  


And finally, Natalie's challenge was soft and cozy.  You could use a soft material or images that conveyed that feeling.  I still had some of the fabric that matches my favorite Spice Cake paper, so I decided to use that.   

Whew!  That's enough for one day, huh?!


Someone is getting way too spoiled with their Grammy here.   I think Jason and I will be in for it once she leaves.  There might be a whole day of time-outs at this rate!   They are really enjoying their time together. 

3 comments:

  1. A-maz-ing! I love them all, Rita. Each one is so special and so detailed. I love the sewing, btw. Thanks so much for being a sample maker for my challenge! Your card is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! There is a LOT of creativity going on here!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)