Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Butterflies and Bokeh


I think I promised to share our second club project with the butterfly dies today.   I had a small group this time, so we focused on learning the watercolor background and bokeh technique.   I hope they enjoyed it.    I was totally inspired to do this after seeing my friend Jen Timko's gorgeous background.  I just loved the colors and tried a version.  I used a bit different ones from her, but I think it produced the same vibe.  I over bokehed mine.  I think I was just having too much fun with my daubers and forgot to stop!  lol   My background is Crushed Curry, Crisp Cantaloupe, and Calypso Coral.   Splitcoast just did a tutorial on this if you are interested in trying it for yourself.  :)

I'll see you again tomorrow with a Freshly Made Sketches card!

1 comment:

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)