Saturday, July 4, 2015

Scary Owls for TPD


Happy July 4th!    The fireworks are starting here, so I wanted to get up post up in case my girl woke back up.   She was up super early today, so I'm hoping she will sleep through them.  Fingers and toes crossed!    I decided to do a little Halloween card with the new Hooters stamp from Two Paper Divas.   I got a bit out of control on this one.   I did my watercolor/distress ink background, colored the owls with my Copics, added Glossy Accents to the owls' eyes and the BOO!, and then added a bunch of stitched rectangle die cut mats.   It's probably too much, but it was fun!  :) And it's PURPLE!


 Jason and I aren't fans of watermelon, so we don't really buy it.   Laila has a book from the library about a watermelon-eating alligator (or crocodile) and she asked for some this week.  We got her one and she ate all of this piece.  She hasn't seemed to want it since, so I'm thinking it's not her favorite either. :)

Happy Independence Day to my American peeps!

3 comments:

  1. Love your Halloween card, Rita. And purple is my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your the only other people I've ever known who aren't fans of watermelon! Me either! Odd texture and it's just way too much work for "flavored water"!

    I love how your cute owls pop out of all the layers of patterns and colors- it's a fabulous Halloween look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this owl card and I really love all the rectangle layers! You are the reason I bought those dies!!! That watermelon looks great even if she doesn't love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)