Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Creative Crew Challenges


These two cards were designed for the May Holiday/Seasonal Focus.  I used the same rough layout, just flipped it for the second card.      CCREW0511HF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM - Holiday/Seasonal Focus -- Family Time!  This month we're doing a his & hers challenge. Choose one layout and make a masculine card and a feminine card!   






These two projects focus on the DSP/Color Focus challenge of using the Elegant Soiree DSP or all neutrals with a splash of Baja Breeze.   CCREW0511DF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM - DSP/Color Focus: 
-- Go neutral with a splash of color! Instead of whisper white or very vanilla, try naturals white or ivory, confetti white or cream. Large emphasis on neutrals. Look to the Elegant Soiree DSP this month for inspiration: All neutrals with that splash of baja breeze! You do not have to use the Elegant Soiree DSP but that is the look that we're after.

My final creation was a difficult one for me as I am not good at "vintage".   It ended up being a very soft, elegant card with just a hint of distressing.   I love the vintage trinkets and they are perfect for this look.  CCREW0511CF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM - Catalog Focus -- So Distressing. Use the Distressing Essentials kit, cutter kit, sponges, daubers. Make the new look old.


The last challenge is one that I didn't do, the scrapbooking focus.   CCREW0511SF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM - SB Inspiration Focus: -- Vintage Pages. We want to see black and white or Sepia photos! We want the page to look like it's from a by-gone era, think antiquing, distressing, lace, etc.


I encourage you to play along with us over on Splitcoast this month and upload your beautiful creations!   Be sure to use the challenge id and creativecrew in your keywords so that we can see you work.  :)   

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rita! I have to say I love your style. All the items in this post made caught my eye. I think I need to participate in some challenges!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)