Saturday, May 21, 2011

PP48: Sketch Challenge



Nance has a super fun sketch for The Paper Players challenge this week.   I took advantage of the 30% off May scrapbooking promotion to get this fun set called Grunge Rock and thought it would be perfect for the sketch. It is totally outside of my comfort zone, but it is a young, fresh set that is great for teens and young adults!   What do you think?   I used my best friend the Color Coach to get the color combination; I love how they look together!


Stamps:   Grunge Rock, July Fourth (retired)
Ink:  So Saffron, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red
Paper:  Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Riding Hood Red, So Saffron dsp (retired)
Accessories:  Basic Rhinestones
Tools:  Cutter Kit, Big Shot, Stars #2 die, sponges

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Rita! Just perfect for a tween or teen. Love the colour combination and your distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rita! I must admit, I have never given this set a second glance but now you have made me WANT it! I love the distressed edges and the colour combo!!! You have been a wonderful GD!! Thank you for your hard work and for your wonderful creations!
    Hugs!
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also picked up that set with the 30% off promotion and this is the perfect inspiration to ink it up. LOVE the color combo and the grunged-up distressing! That one little bit of bling is the perfect touch, too. This is one ROCKIN' card, indeed! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, Rita! I have this set, but have never used it! You have inspired me to give it a try! The stars, the stitching and the colors...all are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shut the front door!!! This is one fantastic grunge rock card! From the killer color combo to the the distressing and all the collage stamping you certainly ROCKED this set and the sketch! You go girl! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Rita! Glad I'm not the only one with no mojo lately (or time if I DO have mojo, lol)! I do love this card! I just got this set and might have to case!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rock on, Rita! I love the colors you used and how you grunged it up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your card ~ been looking at this stamp set and not sure about it....hmmmm...you've got me thinking!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)