Wednesday, June 5, 2013

FMS89: Branch Out

It's Freshly Made Sketches day!   Or now as it should be called, Rita Is Still Alive Day!  ;)   I promise I'm almost finished with my display stamper samples.  Four more and I'll be back to normal.  Well, I have to work on Laila's birthday party so semi-normal.   My goal for July is to complete a challenge every day, so maybe I'll get back to posting a lot then! 


So last week I wrote about how much I'd love this set and how it was not in my budget at all.   Well, a lovely lady named Pat made me the happiest stamper ever by sending it my way.   I wanted to make a card for her with it, so here it is.  :)  I used the gorgeous new in colors along with my favorite color, Early Espresso.  I think they work together beautifully!  

Stamps:  Branch Out (OMG! Never thought I'd be typing THAT out!)
Ink: Early Espresso, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Coastal Cabana
Paper:  Early Espresso, Crisp Cantaloupe, 2013-2015 In Color DSP stack
Tools:  Big Shot, Stripes embossing folder
Accessories:  Naturals Designer buttons, Early Espresso baker's twine

Yesterday we bought a new car.  I am beyond excited and scared to death!  We both had 2000 models that we bought 14 years ago, so it has been a long time since we had a car payment.  The truck that I normally drive was starting to have issues and Jason felt that it was time for us to find a new one.  We are enjoying it so far and feel safer with Laila riding in it.   


Laila woke up from her nap with the craziest hair this week.  It was so cute that I couldn't bear to comb it back down.  :)   

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely Stunning!!!!! So-o-o-o very happy you are enjoying the set! Makes my heart happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it! You got it!!!!! YEA!!!! I knew you would make it look fabulous too! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You created one fabulous sketch this week! I love it - and your card! Oh that Branch Out is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you got this stamp set! And I love this gorgeous card! Pat will love it for sure. And good luck with the new car!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is beautiful! I love that stamp set! Looks fabulous with those new In Colours. I'm so happy that you were able to get your hands on that set!!! Congrats on the new car! Always a fun time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card....love the colors of the 'leaves'! Happy that you have a brand new truck...sorry you also have payments! One of the best pics of Laila - she is truly happy and soooooooo adorable! Hope you and your mom are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally adore your card Rita! The colours you've used look wonderful together and that tree is amazing - I had to google it to see if it was a SU one as i'd never seen it before. Love, love, love this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! What a great stamp! Have fun with the new car!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This stamp set was meant to be yours! This card is beautiful! I loved your sketch this week! Thanks, Rita!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)