Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Freshly Made Flowers


Time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  My clean-and-simple hero Jen M is the sketch designer this week and I love what she challenged us with.   I don't have a lot of time to stamp anything other than the display stamper samples, so an easy sketch was exactly what I needed this week.   (I'm halfway done with those samples, so hopefully I can finish up soon and get back to fun stamping!)


I grabbed my favorite color combination and a favorite stamp set and I think I made this one pretty fast!  I will sure miss Lucky Limeade.  It is such a pretty green and I want to keep it!   Well, I WILL keep it, but I mean all official and stuff, like current.   ;)   I made this for Mom.  I know she had a rough weekend missing Granny so I thought I'd send a little note her way.  

Stamps:  Love & Care (retired)
Ink:  Lucky Limeade, Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant
Paper:  Lucky Limeade, Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White, In Colors DSP stack
Accessories:  Basic Pearls
Tools: Scallop Edge border punch


Less than a month now until she's a year old. I can't believe it!!!   She's currently obsessed with the kitties and has started saying kitty.   They are having to run and hide because she is getting fast at crawling and chasing them! 


One funny story and I'll sign off for the day.   Jason was watching TV while I played on the computer a bit before bed last night.  I was on eBay and I guess talking out loud because he laughed when I said I'd buy this  stamp set if we ever win the lottery.    I guess it does seem silly to think you'd have to win millions to afford stamps, right?  lol  If anyone ever does see Branch Out at a good price, be sure to let me know.  ;)   Until that happens, I'll be holding out for the lotto money to get it.  

13 comments:

  1. OMG! Rita, I have the set, was sitting in a box of retired stuff to be sold next month...if you would like it, e-mail me at patsmith2806@comcast.net
    I would send it to you for the cost of the postage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Pat has you all set for Branch Out (I can't let it go....love it so much). This is beautiful and I can see why this is a go-to color combo for you! I can't wait to see everything you have created when I go to Convention!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you flipped the design! This is so pretty - and definitely your colors! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL....I know what you mean about stamps costing SO MUCH....crazy! Anyway, your card is lovely! I think that is such a pretty color combo, too. And Laila will be RUNNING before you know it....those kitties will never be the same!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love when you use these colors. I had to run off to eBay to see how much that stamp set cost. That's totally nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girlfriend. Thaaaaaat set does go for lotto money. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favorite color combinations TOO!! Great job on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Rita! Look at you getting all creative and tuning that sketch!!! Love the colours! I can't believe Laila is going to be 1 already! How is that possible? That year has gone by too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card and am crazy about the color combo...don't have that stamp but have one that will work nicely! Laila looks so happy in the picture! And who would not be thrilled to win the Lotto!! We could all have the craft rooms of our dreams and everything we want in it....buy that ticket!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Rita! And I can see why this is your favorite color combo - it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness this is gorgeous Rita! What a lovely combination of colours and I just love that stamp set you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this color combination so much! The way you stamped off on the flower is gorgeous, too. This is such a beautiful card for your mom. I hope she's doing okay, and you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your color combination too! Very pretty. I just wanted to thank you for your kind comment you left on my blog and I hope you enjoyed your visit there and come back soon. I took a quick tour here and really love your style. The Button Wedding card really caught my eye. So adorable! Also the Open Sea Father's Day card.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)