Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Thank you, Puppy!

It's Wednesday and time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  Linda  is the sketch designer and hostess this week.  It's a great week to let those bold sentiments shine!  I love these Super Script sets from Altenew but never seem to use them enough.  The sketch was perfect for them!

You'll probably be seeing a lot of dogs in my cards for a while. I wanted to make up some dog-themed thank you cards and send them to some of my favorite dog rescues.  I thought it might be a nice way for them to thank people who go above and beyond in helping the rescue.  I don't know how it will go, but we'll see.  I hope to have a batch ready soon to mail off.  Lately I just feel drawn to do something along these lines with my craft.  

I'm off to the treadmill.  I pretty much had a major mental breakdown on Monday and I've decided to fight back with exercise.  The depression and anxiety medicines help, but they need some back-up.  It's a struggle to exercise, but I know it's what I need...mentally AND physically.  

Have a great rest of the week!
Rita

7 comments:

  1. This is so darned cute! I love it.....and I would have fifty dogs if I could manage it! I walk two miles every morning.....it is so annoying....lol.....but I feel better for doing it so I keep at it....it's been about eight years now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dog sitting on the thanks is just so cute! Good luck with the exercising. I'm one of those people who don't understand those other people who actually enjoy exercising :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that dog is adorable! And I love that big sentiment. Can't say I enjoy the actual act of exercising, but it sure makes me feel better afterwards. I hope it has the same effect for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, I think this dog is super fun....and sure to be very appreciated. But really, really, I am so proud of you (I know, I sound like a mom but you understand). Taking care of you is so important. Your cheering committee is behind you all the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy, is this ever the cutest card! I love the super skinny stripes down the side and the pooch is adorable! You are so sweet to make these cards for the rescues. I'm sure they will LOVE your thoughtfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is such a great card Rita! I love that little puppy! He's so cute and you've nailed the colouring again! So kind of you to send them to dog rescues!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, Rita! I love that cute puppy and how he snuggles into the sentiment. Your coloring is awesome and the design is really great. Congrats on taking the first step (beyond meds) in combating your anxiety and depression. You're an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)