Friday, January 4, 2019

Warm Wishes Hedgehog


Happy New Year! I'm so sorry it's been so long. I struggled to make it through December and the holidays, but I'm working on getting it together now that we've survived those. I started Weight Watchers and am back on medicine for my depression. That whole I can make it without them phase was NOT a good one. Yikes! I hope the new me can get back into my card making and I started with this one. I used the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches and would also like to enter the As You Like It and Cute Card Thursday challenges.

We had a nice holiday in Kentucky with my parents. It felt rushed to get ready to go up there and the 18 hour drive was SOOOO LONNNGGGG, but I'm glad we went. My dad's health isn't the best and while he did finally make it onto the liver transplant list, we aren't sure what the future holds. He gets a little better, then a lot worse, then better... it's exhausting for my poor momma. Laila was so sweet with him and I loved watching her with him. 

I'm off to clean the kitchen and do another load of laundry. The guaranteed parts of life, right? They'll always be there for you. lol 

9 comments:

  1. What a cute card Rita. I love the bokeh background and your color choices. I'm happy to see you here and as a fellow Weight Watchers member I welcome you to the club! Any time you want to trade war stories I'm here. And I've added your Dad to my humble prayer list. I sincerely hope that he gets the transplant he needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super cute card. Love the image. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad to see you are back stamping -- I just love your style and your cards -- you are UBER TALENTED! Why beat yourself up? If the depression meds help, then by all means TAKE THEM! Do what works for you and don't listen to anyone else and their stories -- they aren't you and they don't live in your shoes. Pray about it and when God answers, do that -- it will be the right path. And for goodness sake, make some time for stamping everyday -- your creative self will thank you! We will thank you with great comments about fabulous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to see you stamping again. Super cute card. I love the bokeh background and the snowflakes. Very sweet picture of Laila with your dad. I'll keep him and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your sweet card, that hedgehog is adorable! I take meds for depression also, you have to do what works for you! I’m looking forward to seeing more stamping and lovely cards from you!!😃

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card! I just love that hedgehog! He's so sweet!!! Love that background! Just gorgeous! Praying for your family! I'm sure your dad (and mom) loved having you guys for a visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that image is so so cute he makes me smile!! Really love your gorgeous background you've created for him too! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hedgehog looks perfectly bundled up! Love the snowy night sky background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, Rita. Your background is amazing and your coloring is spot on! Great to see you back!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)