Sunday, January 30, 2011

Faux Tile Technique

I attempted the faux tile technique yesterday and I have to say, I HATE this card.   I had an image in my head of what I wanted it to look like and this was so NOT it.  :(    I loved Awash with Flowers in the catalog, but it is one of those stamp sets that gets the better of me every time.   I keep trying, but I can't get a card that I like with it.  

Stamps: Punch Bunch (SAB 2011), Awash with Flowers
Paper: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango
Ink: Concord Crush, Tangerine Tango, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Concord Crush Ribbon
Tools, etc: Scallop Circle punch, clear embossing powder, heat tool

7 comments:

  1. Rita, I think you are being too hard on yourself! When I first saw this card, I was taken with the fabulous color combination! I like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita, I agree with Ann. You are being much too hard on yourself. This card is really striking. the faux tile technique works really well with the Awash with Flowers. The flowers are so big that they can hold their own against this technique. Love the ribbon at the top and the color combo is amazing! I, too like it!
    thanks for stopping by my blog on the Paper Players bog hop, too. really appreciated your visit
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I think this is a wonderful card! Love the colors you chose. I have not tried the faux tile technique yet but after this may give it a try. Love it. Thanks for sharing! hugz n blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rita I like this card and your technique. Some stamps just seem overwhelming, but you've demonstrated a great card here and should take credit for it! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I really like this card! Those colors are difficult for me to work with. But now that I see how you combined them, I think I could do this. I'm doing a workshop in a few weeks where the hostess wants me to demo the stamp-a-ma-jig. With your permission, I might CASE this card : )

    Following you via Stampin' Connection:
    http://stampinmomoffour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Card. I love this set.
    Following you via SC
    Carrie Sampsel
    www.carriesscrapyard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean about when a project doesn't come together the way you see it in your head, but this looks fabulous to me! We don't know what you saw in your head, so you can just tell us you meant to do it like this. We won't know :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)