Friday, April 20, 2012

FM55: Ghost Sketch

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a project using the " Sketch ".
  2. Or Make a project using the " Ghosting (aka VersaMark Resist) Technique".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project using the " Sketch & the Ghosting Technique".

Time for a new Friday Mashup challenge!    This week is my week to host so I thought I'd challenge everyone with a sketch and a new-to-me technique!  I saw a swap from last year's Convention that used the VersaMark resist technique and have wanted to try it out for a long time.  I figured why not use that for my challenge so that I finally HAD to do it?!   :)
I'm not sure you can really see the technique.  :(   I used En Francais on the background piece and the Pink Pirouette is a bit light to really make it stand out.    I'm trying to adjust to losing Blushing Bride next month, but as of right now the other pinks aren't working for me!   I pulled this combination from the Color Coach and I like it, but it probably wasn't the best to show off this particular technique.   I did use another retiring set, Vintage Vogue.  Even though I despise fussy cutting, I always seem to do it with this set.  It just looks so pretty to pop up the flowers!   

I hope you'll find a bit of time to come play along with us this week.   I'd love to see what you do with the technique and/or sketch.  :)

11 comments:

  1. This is a very pretty card Rita. I love the tag and the ghosting looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! The En Francaise was a great choice for the technique. Great color choice, love the fussy cutting! Thanks for a fun challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't go past anything with the gorgeous VV flowers - you've done a fabulous job of this technique Rita (which I've not tried yet either). I love your tag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This came out great.. I love how the background image is subtle and the color combo is gorgeous!! I really like the pop of block you added.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my fav stamp sets. Love what you've done here Rita.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great challenge this week Rita! I had never tried this technique before and if it wasnt for you I dont know if I ever would have.

    Your card came out SO pretty! Love those flowers with the pretty accents in the middle of them. The background image came out great, I like how subtle it is with the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is gorgeous and I can definitely see the technique! Great color combo and a fabulous way to feature a retiring stamp set. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Rita, this is lovely! The colors are gorgeous together and I think you made the perfect choice for the resist technique--it's beautiful. You may not like fussy cutting but it looks amazing! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card...love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty, pretty! I love this stamp set and am so sad it is retiring! :( It is one of the few sets I seem to enjoy fussy-cutting, also. How funny! I have to try this technique after seeing your project. Your card is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your background is subtle and gorgeous, and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)