Wednesday, March 27, 2013

FMS: Sunshine

This week is my sketch week at Freshly Made Sketches!  I normally do pretty simple ones, but I got carried away this time it seems.  :)   After seeing the cards from the other design team members, I'm glad I did.   There are some awesome samples to inspire you, so be sure to go check them out! 


I used my cute new Sunshine stamp that I recently purchased.  I just love it!  I'll be saving it to make cute little notes for Laila's lunch in about 5 years.  lol   I tried to find a cheery color combination that used Daffodil Delight and found one with Tempting Turquoise and Melon Mambo.   I couldn't get the Melon Mambo to look right, so I ditched it and went with just two colors.  I think it turned out pretty cute though.  

As a note, this stamp is a single stamp, just like the Ears to You stamp, and will not be available after March 31st.   Get them before they are gone!  :)

Stamps:  Sunshine
Ink:  Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight
Paper:  Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Polka Dot Parade DSP, Brights Designer Series Paper Patterns stack
Accessories:  Whisper White Stitched Grosgrain ribbon
Tools:  big Shot, Scallop Square Duo die, Scallop Edge border punch

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely perfect in every way! Love the colors - and oh those ruffles! And then there's that sweet baby girl.......:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two colors are perfect!! This really is a fantastic stamp (which somehow I had missed)!! Love you sketch, love this card! Now, for that picture. Holy moley!!!! That looks like it should be in Pottery Barn Kids....except everyone would just want one of those cute kids!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is my sunshine! I <3 it!!!! And you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the two colors. I think Melon Mambo would have muddied the waters a bit! The sentiment is adorable and I can't wait to see the notes for Laila's lunch. I'm patient. I can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay I love this card! That stamp looks fabulous and I think I may have to order one this week...I could use some lunch box cards! Love the blue!!! Okay...can Laila get any cuter? Seriously? Is that a real bunny? I mean how perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card. Thank you for giving me a great example of using a sketch while changing the shape. I often wonder what to do if the card uses a shape I don't have (I need circle punches).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card! The colors are just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They really are gorgeous colours together Rita! Love the effect of more than one border - I didn't think of doing this! What a sweet little sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, Rita. I love your color choices! I love this stamp, and now, because of you, I HAVE to have it. Love the layers of scalloped trim, too. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable Rita! I'm really loving all the yellow I am seeing from everyone. I guess everyone is ready for spring! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)