Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Freshly Made Onesies

It's time for a new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches!   Linda S. created this one and I just love it.  My stampin' buddy LeAnne turned me on to the "three rule" a while back, so now I like using threes.  :)   We also have a fresh new design over on the blog AND two new very talented design team members, Amy and Narelle.  Be sure to go check it out!


I have a baby shower to attend this weekend so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and make a baby card this week.  I bought the Baby Tees wheel a while back thinking I'd cut it apart and mount it on the cling foam I had.  Well, I got scared about cutting it so I didn't do it and the wheel ended up in my shelf.  I wanted to use it for this card, so I rolled it and then cut out the images I wanted.   I still want to try to cut it up but now I can't find the cling foam.  Goodness!  I used Pool Party and Pretty in Pink for this one.  I know our friends are having a little girl, but her room will be in teal so I wanted to add in blue of some sort.  I think they work together pretty well.  Pardon my coloring; I am only good with crayons.  :)

Laila had a very grumpy day yesterday.  That's not normal for her, so we looked and her gums were pretty swollen on top.  It looks like one tooth is about to pop through and she could be getting a few more along with that one.   Poor baby.   We gave her a bit of medicine and she was back laughing after her nap.  I hate knowing she's hurting, so I'm not a big fan of teething.  Hopefully it goes fast!  

14 comments:

  1. Good on you for finally using this wheel Rita! :)
    Your card is cute! I really like what you did with it.
    Funny I have managed to make a card with your sketch this week and didn't even know about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I squealed with delight when I saw this sketch...and how cute is your card?! Can't wait to play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I am seeing a lot of onesies myself around here these days! Love the colors you picked - very sweet card! And I hope Miss Laila pops out a tooth or two soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet baby card! The onesies are adorable. I found I wasn't using my wheels because I could never stamp them straight, so I cut them and mounted them on cling foam. Now I use them a lot more. I hope you'll find the same result.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These little onesies make the cutest card!! Love it!! So sorry for the teething stress. Mine were always grumpy and a drooly mess when a tooth was coming it. The good news is that it seems to happen fast. :-)

    PS...totally thought of you as I was making my card. Figured I should just send the rest of this paper to you since you use it so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Hanging the onesies on a clothesline is a terrific idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this sweet card Rita! Those onesies are perfect for a baby shower card! I need to do a baby card this week and think I'll put these out! I remember the teething days...Jacob was a miserable sod. It will end my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh, this is so cute! The colors are great, but those onesies are so adorable! Perfect for a baby shower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is sooooooo cute Rita - I'm totally in love with this gorgeous baby card (I may have to CASE this one if that's ok?) I just love the colours you've used and your clothesline! Thanks for the warm welcome - I'm so thrilled to be joining you for 6 months :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable baby card. Love the colors and it's so well made. Enjoying your blog.

    My Card Blog: Creative Heart Designs

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is adorable and betting the mom-to-be will love it and it really should be framed and hung on the wall in the baby's room! Poor little Laila...sadly we all went through teething and we don't remember it...thankfully!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute Baby card. Love the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card, Rita! The colors are fabulous together. The textures are perfect, and I think your coloring is great!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)