Saturday, March 9, 2013

Smarty Pants Graduation Card


I thought I'd share one of the cards we made at hostess club last night.   We finished out this round with some cards using the soon-to-be-available (gasp!) Sale-a-bration sets.   I used the sketch at Hand Stamped Sentiments as my template for this one.  Sorry for the bad picture; I snapped it this morning while the card was still on the stamping table.  :)


I am just in love with this stamp set and the Sycamore Street DSP and ribbon.   I would love the buttons as well but they seemed to have grown legs and walked right out of my craft room!   Island Indigo is one of my absolute favorite colors and I'm trying not to think about it retiring soon.   :(   I think I'll have a pity party on June 1st for a few minutes before I get all excited about the new stuff coming up.   Anyway, I used a Happy Graduation sentiment inside because it looked like that would work.   

Stamps:  Patterned Occasions
Ink:  Island Indigo
Paper:  Island Indigo, Whisper White, Pool Party, Sycamore Street DSP
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Stripes embossing folder, Perfect Pennants die, Dotted Scallop Ribbon punch,  Sycamore Street Ribbon


Laila is still dealing with a runny nose and is now coughing a little too.  I hope it will clear up soon.   She had her Easter pictures yesterday and oh man!   That was the first time we've had pictures made since she could sit up and really grab things.  I hope the photographer got a few good shots because most of the session she was grabbing the props or trying to crawl.  lol  It was funny and frustrating at the same time.  I'll be sure to share some of them when we get our CD.   

On Thursday I was sitting at my desk stamping while she rolled around behind me playing.  I looked back and she was sitting up!!!!  I totally missed it too!   She finally did it again yesterday so that I could see.   She's all over the floor (no official crawling, but moving around great) and now sitting up too!   They grow so fast don't they?!   I just cry when I think about it too much.  

6 comments:

  1. Very Cute!!! Love the color combo used!! I will miss the 2011 - 2012 in colors too!!! Love the pop of color!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great colors! This is a fun card. Thanks for joining us this week at HSS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your cards are great and your baby is adorable. I wonder if you put a foam barrier between the blanket and the floor if it would help reduce her colds. I know my feet get cold on my floor through my shoes even on carpet. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card, and the sentiment and image look so great with Island Indigo...and I know, retirement and new goodies seem to be right around the corner! Your little one is just precious, isn't that a fun age? Hope she's all better soon! Thanks for playing at HSS :) Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love that set! Great card, thanks so much for playing along with us at HSS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is very cute appropriate for graduation! Laila is really showing her gumption at doing more things these days...next think we will read is that she took her first steps...then you really will have fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)