Thursday, June 16, 2016

Yellow Butterfly


Is it Friday yet??  Here I am again super late with my Freshly Made Sketches card.  This week has been a huge pain and I am behind on EVERYTHING!   It is starting to be normal for things to be that way, so I don't know why I'm continuously surprised when they are.  Anyway...  back to Karren's awesome sketch!

Another fun sketch with lots of ways to interpret it.  I went with a pretty straightforward one.  I wanted to use these new butterfly dies I recently got and they were the perfect "circle" part.  After feeling helpless and sad over the events in Orlando, I put out a call on my Facebook page for my friends to send me names of people in their lives who could use a little cheer.  This card is for a friend's mom who is dealing with the recent loss of a spouse.  Butterflies mean a lot of the family, so I hope she smiles when it arrives.  

We are wondering if Laila is finally showing a dominant hand!  She's been working in this workbook for a few days and while she does switch back and forth some, she's mostly using her left hand.  We got some bad news this week.  The school we had signed her up for this Fall is closing!  It's one step forward and a hundred back it seems.  We have a tour scheduled at a different school that's closer to home tomorrow, so fingers crossed!

7 comments:

  1. Love this card Rita! That butterfly is gorgeous! Love the black peeking through! Go lefties!!! Funny how kids take a while to decide which hand they like best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love your card! The yellow butterfly on the black is perfect and it's a lovely gesture. Things all over the world are so sad right now. I'm also so sorry to hear about the school. Fingers crossed the tour at the new one goes well. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, that butterfly is gorgeous. And I love the graphic horizontal strip of...washi?...patterned paper?...ultra-cool stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! It is sure to be appreciated, Rita. Thanks for brightening the days of others with your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful card and a beautiful reason for making it. You have such a huge heart and are one of the most compassionate people I know. Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how lovely! Neutrals and a gorgeous butterfly and I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)