Monday, September 25, 2017

MFT Card Challenges 351


Happy Monday? Okay, maybe not? lol It's been okay here so far today.  I am still figuring out all this "free" time with Laila being in school. Today I had some real fun with dishes, scrubbing the bathrooms, and laundry. Woo Hoo!  I did decide to give myself a little break to create, so I made a card for the sketch from MFT Card Challenges blog.  Coloring is always fun and relaxing, especially when watching Netflix.

I love the distress oxide inks so much, so I used them for my background. I actually won a set at a retreat I went to this month. One of my friends whisked me away and we learned some new techniques and made a lot of new friends. It was awesome. It's always nice when your husband and friends work together to get you a break to refresh. 


Did I mention that Laila is taking swimming lessons? She LOVES it. It has been so wonderful to see her smile and have fun when she goes.  I think it will be something we keep doing for a while. She is doing great and hasn't had any upsets so far. She had a great day of school on Friday. I think her teacher is getting her a bit more and realizing how to head off meltdowns and defiance a bit better.  I know she has her hands full, but we keep in constant communication and try to keep things consistent between home and school.  We sent in the paperwork to have her tested for the gifted and talented program and also for small groups with the school counselor for anxiety/social issues.  I want her to be successful and I feel like this school will be help us get her there. 

I'm off for more coffee and maybe playing with the Gel Press we got at the retreat! 

1 comment:

  1. You do such great coloring work! love it. I was so happy to hear all the good progress with Laila. Sounds like you are doing all the right things. Keep being strong and deligent. Thanks for the updates. Again love the card!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)